Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Wood Supplier

Thanks Gary,
    A well laid out web site with huge selection.
    It's going to cost me money.
    I can just feel it :-)

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by islaww View Post
    Guys...
    I wanted to put in a plug for one of my favorite online wood suppliers. Bell Forest Products. Luckily they are local for me. Nothing but high quality product in stock. From pen turning stock to 16/4 slabs. Domestic and exotics. Most of our hardwood products come from them. They also provide our cribbage board blanks presized.

http://www.bellforestproducts.com/

Usual disclaimer: Not affiliated, just a happy customer
    I have been buying wood from these guys for awhile. I can tell you that Eric will get you taken care of. Depending on what do you want they are ok...
    There are better suppliers with more figured wood out there

Ok here's mine in rural southern Oregon: Russ

http://www.cookwoods.com/lumber-site/

Quote Originally Posted by chiloquinruss View Post
    Ok here's mine in rural southern Oregon: Russ

http://www.cookwoods.com/lumber-site/
    Funny... Just spent about $500 with those guys today

So a couple of years ago I was watching David Marks on the Wood Works TV show and his show was about taking a road trip to his favorite wood store. He lives in Northern California and the show starts off with him heading out with his trailer. The camera then shows him swinging off the highway into Klamath Falls Oregon. I get all excited and say I know that place. Pretty soon he pulls up in front of Cook Woods. I sat down the channel changer and grabbed the yellow pages, sure enough there it was in black and white, Cook Woods, and located right here! So now I hang out where the big boys do! A really neat place and a great bunch of folks. Not affiliated just hooked! Russ

Quote Originally Posted by chiloquinruss View Post
    So a couple of years ago I was watching David Marks on the Wood Works TV show and his show was about taking a road trip to his favorite wood store. He lives in Northern California and the show starts off with him heading out with his trailer. The camera then shows him swinging off the highway into Klamath Falls Oregon. I get all excited and say I know that place. Pretty soon he pulls up in front of Cook Woods. I sat down the channel changer and grabbed the yellow pages, sure enough there it was in black and white, Cook Woods, and located right here! So now I hang out where the big boys do! A really neat place and a great bunch of folks. Not affiliated just hooked! Russ
    Hey Russ,
    Good stuff ein?
    By the way, I have some brazilian rosewood guitar sets if anybody is interested as well some 1.5"x1.5"x20" squares of tulipwood, purpleheart, goncalo alves and brazilian ebony.

Northern California... I get my wood from:

Macbeath Hardwood in Berkeley and SF (http://macbeath.com/) - great source for sheet goods.. They deliver plywood sheets to my shop door two days a week for $7 gas charge (!). I'm an hour north of them.. it would cost me twice that to just to visit them.

Also Mount Storm Forest Products. A huge collection of fine domestic and exotic hardwoods including over 20 plywood species.

Quote Originally Posted by metabot View Post
    Northern California... I get my wood from:

Macbeath Hardwood in Berkeley and SF (http://macbeath.com/) - great source for sheet goods.. They deliver plywood sheets to my shop door two days a week for $7 gas charge (!). I'm an hour north of them.. it would cost me twice that to just to visit them.

Also Mount Storm Forest Products. A huge collection of fine domestic and exotic hardwoods including over 20 plywood species.
    Hey Tim,
    Where is mount storm located?

Default wood suppy

That is quite a place to shop for wood Gary. Thanks.

I have had a bit of luck at the local Habitat for Humanity store.

Wood, foam, laminates & stuff comes in from everywhere, new, old, weathered. Prices are far below what they should be..
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Quote Originally Posted by Guerra Cues View Post
    Hey Tim,
    Where is mount storm located?
    Sorry Tony.. missed your post. They are in Windsor, CA. Looks like a couple of hours from you. Worth the drive if you are going to pick up any quantity. They'll quote prices on the phone if you tell em what you want. 707-838-3177 They are geared toward contractors and professionals. mountstorm.com