Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long to get link?

Default How long to get link?

How long did it take you guys to get your link once you ordered it?

I ordered mine on 4/25, still says processing and no one at Thermwood has returned my call yet.

/RB

Wow. I'm used to things taking forever to get into Canada but if I remember right it was here a week or so after ordering. I did set it up over the phone with special shipping instructions though.- I found them to be extremely helpful-
    Good luck
    Lorin

Brent East is the contact and he just returned from a trade show for sign makers. I talked with him and he indicated that it was sent within the last couple of days.

Dennis

WoW... i was interested in this e-cabinets stuff. From all the posts i have read, i will wait.... plus i have been very successful making my own cabinets from modifying samples etc from 100k garages. Guess i don't need the grief.

I wish I could find someone helpful. No one has been rude but I'm told to talk to someone else, I was transferred to voicemail, no one has called. I don't bring stuff like this to the forum quickly but I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about my $1300 at the moment and I had planned to cut a closet this weekend.

A trade show and telling you it was sent etc... isn't really winning any points over here. No one is calling ME and telling ME what's up with MY money.

--
    Jeff, I'm not sure what drama you're talking about or why you'd wait for eCabinets if you need it. I've been using it, works great up to the point of cutting which I can't run without the usb key. Easy for me to get what I want and I'm not a cabinet maker. I know there are some issues where guys on the forum talk about things they want, features that are absent or don't work as expected, cuts that don't run correctly. That describes every software package out there, eCabinets is no different but unique with the quality vs. the cost of running it.

As for the link not shipping, that's a nuisance and Thermwood needs to get dinged over (IMHO) so I'm dinging. Sometimes that's what it takes to wake someone up or get a manager to notice "carp, Billy Bob is not doing his job..." It can give them an opportunity to step up handle a mistake and sometimes you get a free hat out of it. In any case, I won't be cutting that closet this weekend. Whoever does eventually call should explain that to my wife.

/RB

2 me... your post is grief/drama enough... I c more negative posts than positive about e-cab... i follow several people's posts and when i c one of yours i read it.

just me

Rob...
    Like Lorin, I spoke on the phone with TWD. I inquired about ovenite shipping. It arrived the next day at 11.

Anytime I have an untested supplier, I make a point to call before ordering and see what their shipping policies are. Many times, time is of the essence and certain vendors do not seem to feel our urgency. Hopefully your wife will will be able to live thru another week without a closet.

Jeff...
    Clarification... there are very few posts here about eCabs. Most are on the Thermwood eCabinets Forum: http://www.thermwood.com/forums/

Most of the posts in this section are about new user difficulties with implementing the SB Link. Even some of us "old hands" can use a pointer now and then. Why would you think this makes a thread negative? Are you a SB Link User?
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

I hope not.... all my stuff works just fine... i was interested in the e-cabinets software.... and i feel a reason to pause and research more... guess i don't understand what sb link is! Whatever it is.... preventing me from buying e-cabs.

again... just me

Jeff...
    eCabinets is a free 3D cabinet design suite produced by the Thermwood corporation. You must fill out an online questionaire, but I dont know of any professional users that havent qualified. So you dont have to buy it, just qualify.

The good news is that it has hundreds of options to allow a cabinetmaker to build virtually any cabinet he desires. Bad news is that it has hundreds of options, each with settings thast need to be learned so that you can cut the cabinet style you desire.

There is a substantial learning curve for eCabs, but most of us have been doing pretty good after 6 months and doing very well in a year. There is a monthly subscription for video training that should shorten the learning curve. You can either view them online or download to your computer and as a subscriber, I can tell you they are very comprehensive.

The SB Link is a decoder and parametric toolpath engine that takes the encrypted data from eCabs and processes it so that it can be sent to a ShopBot. Previously only Thermwood machines could cut eCabinets files. The SB Link costs $1,295, and all that use it regularly will tell you that it has a value far above its cost.

Hope this clarifies the differences for you.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Jeff,

I would also point out, this has nothing to do with eCabinets, downloading it, using it... eCabinets is free. This is about the ShopBot link for eCabinets. It is a distinct product we must purchase to use the software with our ShopBot.

I have rarely posted in the eCabinets forum since I've not been running the software. I just reviewed my posts and I don't see any that are negative about eCabinets. Could you please show me the posts you see as negative drama?

/RB