Thread: Bot bucks, coughs and chatters

Default Bot bucks, coughs and chatters

Bot bucks, coughs and chatters at 5-6IPS, no dust collection running, 75% efficiency, did a clean windows install didn't help, running current version of firmware and control software no help, disabled wifi no help, put file on pc rather than network no help, it will jog fine but won't move without the clang, spent 30-45mins with SB on the phone.....

Here's a link to the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcMc3DIV_ic

This is costing me money... the next stop is the classifieds for the bot

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
    Ron

Ron i feel your pain Iam changing my computer

I used my sons computer it was like a new bot

I know they say you can run the bot on a celeron I don.t buy it

To shopbot tech why can.t we run usb 2 to sata

Iam not saying that is wrong go for the easy

oooh that is nasty. In another thread Jimmy was having the same issue. He ordered new controllers for his:
    http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12954

Maybe contact him and see if his fix worked, and if it was the same as your problem.

Have you checked the pinions on X and Y axes? Are the grub screws nice & tight?

Have you dropped the motors (just let them dangle out of the rack mesh) and run the file? Do you hear the motors make noise at the same place in the same file? While you have X&Y motors dropped, physically move gantry & YZ car by hand. Feel any resistance?

Are you 1000% super-dooper sure that your artwork is clean down to the node level? No loops, right? Have you tried re-generating the cut file and saving a new SBP?

I know they sound like really obvious things, but...I've seen things like this happen to good people for stupid reasons on otherwise perfect tools.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Mine did that once , i later determined that the computer was checking for auto updates. I disabled it in the control panel and it went away

30-45 minutes on the phone would not be enough to get warmed up if that were mine.

The video should be very helpfull to tech support.

It very well could be network/pc or mechanical.

I would strip it to bare bones. No network, no virus, no auto updates, ect...
    Leave it stripped if that doesnt work and drop the motors and run without the motors engaged. That will tell you if it is mechanical or something with the wiring/motors.

You can add networks or other stuff one at a time after it is running ok.

It is possible the machine is not square and everything not riding true on the tracks also. If it is out of square, the v rollers could be trying to climb off of the rails and then juming back down into place making the clunks. If you move it around with the motors dropped, look at each roller and how it contacts the rail along the entire movement of the machine.

Don't roll the gantry off the end of the machine while you are checking it though. Use some C clamps or something to not let that happen.

If you send me that file you are running, I will run it on mine and see if that has anything to do with it.
    Kenneth

I had that same gear jumping sound, one driver was defective..