Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PRS Standard

The first Speed Test I did (see picture)
    And the second test (see picture)
    Brady thanks for your reply, I am not running the 2.0 self powered USB hub, I will get one today.
    On the controler it says it's for a PRT I have a PRS, I think there may be a problem there as well.
    I'll call Shopbot today and find out.
    Test 1.JPG

Test 2.JPG
    Jimmy
    I’ve never been fired, but, I have been laid off when they were still hiring.

PRS Standard 48"x96" with PC Router and Aspire 9.008, Cabinet Parts Pro

www.cncsignshop.com
    cncsignshop@nc.rr.com
    919-802-7477

I installed the Hub and this is the speed test (see picture) but, it is still doing the same thing as before.
    Test 3.JPG
    Jimmy

www.cncsignshop.com
    cncsignshop@nc.rr.com
    919-802-7477

Well you've got good communication now...although, that doesn't completely rule out a comm problem because other USB devices can still 'stand on' the comm to the bot if you don't install a dedicated PCI to USB card on some computers (namely Dell).

A few more questions:

1) What are the conditions where you lose steps? - IOW - How fast, how deep, what material, just 2D, 3D or both?

2) What version of SB3 are you running? I would update and BE SURE to install fresh firmware with UI command.

3) Your USB cable isn't longer than 10' is it?

4) Using Windows Task Manager - find out what is running in the background. Use MSConfig to modify startup programs.

5) Post your VR settings fill in sheet.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Hi Jimmy,
    Yesterday night while reading your post I was telling me: well I'm not the only one, seems like it is been there for long time.
    A couple of years ago (end of 2007) I was doing a research on the forum about the machine weird behavior and I find out a post from Brady talking about the 2.0 self powered USB hub and the speed test, next day I went to get one of those things, hopeful that the problem could be fix I install it and run the speed thest and get an awesome 87.7 transmition efficiency but nothing change with this, then I do another research and find out about the proper machine grounding which I did, and again NOTHING!.
    I have lived with this problem all this years (3 1/2 now) I never call shopbot to talk about this problem because I thought it was relative to the standar machine, I was so convinced about this that about two years ago I ask shopbot for an Alpha Upgrade but it was close to $5,500.00 and I can not afford that.
    I blem myself now for not reporting this problem to shopbot which has been a major headache that has been avoided.
    I have the same machine you have, same motors,same board, same drivers, SAME PROBLEM .

German.

I think I found the problem and it was a driver. I swopped out the drivers with Y&Z
    and my problem moved to the Y. So I ordered 4 of the 203, Price $611.75. Frank from Shopbot
    said they would work all I had to do was move a jumper.
    I'll let you know as soon as I get the new drivers installed how things go.

Jimmy

www.cncsignshop.com
    cncsignshop@nc.rr.com
    919-802-7477

thanks for that Jimmy, I hope it works, for you and for me.
    Plase kepp us updated.

Thanks again.

With my standard, I grounded, went with a 2.0 usb powered hub on it own seperate pci card. The biggest improvement was going with a cordless usb mouse. Still can only jog at 8.75 ips. comm speed at 84.6 so I'm interested in the change of drivers as well Jimmy thanks for the post.

I just got an email from GECKODRIVE INC and they have been shipped, I’ll get them Wednesday. As soon as I get them installed I’ll post the results.
    Jimmy

www.cncsignshop.com
    cncsignshop@nc.rr.com
    919-802-7477

Russ are you running a standard machine? And is it circa 2007? If you are running a standard and getting that jog speed I think you are doing well and might be close to your jog speed limits...but I am no expert. My standard is from september 2007 and I can now jog at 7 ips safely. I am curious as to what computer you are running and how the wireless mouse helped?

Jimmy, great news do keep us posted on your results.
    Glen

Yes, Glen sounds that we got the same machine at the same time. I have tried a couple of computers but go back to a Compaq Pasario. I believe that the cordless usb mouse tricks Window in the way that it uses the IRQ for the machine.