Thread: Partworks and reverse x and y

Default Partworks and reverse x and y

Hi All,

I have reversed the 0 location for my y axis so it starts in the left corner instead of the right. However, when I change the origin corner in Partworks to match my machine I notice that the y axis starts at 0 and goes into minus territory from left to right while in the shopbot controller it starts at 0 and goes into positive numbers as it travels from left to right along the y axis. Is there a setting in Partworks that will allow me to have positive numbers when setting the 0,0 origin to the left (top left in Partworks)?
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can go into unit values and put a minus sign in front of the y unit values to make it run the other way. You can also swith wiring on the motors, but that is more trouble. (forget which wires to switch, but tech support could help you if you want to go that way)

This is in the shopbot console at the machine.
    Kenneth

There is one other factor to consider, the XYZero "find home" command may need to be changed also, as it is looking for the wrong limit switches on each axis.

If you need an XYZero that will work with either orientation, I will share mine, without warranty of course.

D
    "The best thing about building something new is either you succeed or learn something. Its a win-win situation."

--Greg Westbrook

If you set the option to the upper right in PartWorks you will then need to set ShopBot X and Y zero to the upper left of your material. Once you have set ShopBot X, Y zero to the upper left then the negative moves will then be correct. Setting the option “XY Origin Position” to the upper left is not reversing the Y it is telling PartWorks where you will have set X and Y zero in the control software.
    If you set your Y unit value to a negative this will give you a mirrored cut of what you designed in PartWorks.