Thread: Dust hose size?

Default Dust hose size?

Hi again all - two weeks to go and counting I purchased and installed a Dust Right system from Rockler in my shop for my Buddy. The DR system uses a 4" hose but can be stepped down to a 2" - what is the dust port size on the dust buddy dust skirt? Should I purchase a ceiling ball mount or set up an overhead arm for hose control? Thanks in advance for any suggestions

u b good w 4".... the shopbot hose will fit snugly inside it and a 4" clamp around to secure.... when u c the bracket behind and above the cutter has slots in it 2 secure the dust collection hose above said connection with two additional 4" band clamps

Jeff,

What are all the letters by themselves? Is this text messaging shorthand or something?
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

just like they sound... u b is you be... u c is you see... 2 is to ...etc... sorry for the confusion.... ya u can call it short hand... my kids do a lot of texting... i learning from them!!!

Sure, blame it on the kids.

yep... the kids.... have to leave the wife and the dog out of it because they higher up the ladder than me.

other things to be aware of... i paid extra for lift gate service... then got a call half hour before delivery from truck driver saying his lift gate would not carry the weight of the delivery!!!! we had to unpack in the semi and still would not fit the lift gate... thank goodness for a great neighbor with a LARGE Kabota tractor with front bucket that had fork lift tongues... And they say the machine will fit through a 36" inch door... it may have... I had to take the door completely out frame and all... Shopbot did refund the $125 lift gate fee. they are good people to work with...

i hope u like yours as much as i do mine

Default buddy dust collection

once you have that hooked up and working properly i would certainly like to see some pictures of it.

I'll be posting pictures be sure - and probably some video of the electric meter spinning with the pool, the bot, the dust system, and the wife's kiln all running...I suggest you all buy stock in Duke energy

I'm pretty nervous about the delivery - hopefully the truck can back at least part way up the driveway. In any case the bot will have to be disassembled to get into the workshop. We managed to get a 9cu' ceramic kiln into what had been the coal bin in the basement so I think I can get the bot where it needs to go.

You might be surprised when the electric bill comes.... i did expand my workshop from 60amp service to 100. the bot is 220... the dust collection is 220...very efficient.... I have not seen any increase in electric bill... my house is all electric so maybe i have more room for error as far as noticing an increase. i have been running pretty heavily ( to my standards) and have not seen the expected difference.

JH