Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook Business page

I guess you opinion is set in stone on that one, I sure do appreciate my shrunk wool socks when the mercury drops, who would have thought...sock blockers and foot rulers, on this day she is 28 orders behind and some of them are from retailers... I am getting teased for knocking the blockers.

Good for you guys, Dan. Niche markets is 'where it's at'. Clearly nobody here has to "sell to the world." Bill P & I always joke about 'weird is good' - because that is where the money is. Take a look around the net & at all the obscurity - THIS is the norm these days & people want things out of the ordinary or made with the level of care that you cannot get from a large retailer with products engineered for lowest cost and/or speed of manufacture.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Mercury dropping here tonight-It might even approach freezing inland! That will make it the coldest night all winter. I'm lucky if a cold night coincides with our going out so I have an excuse to wear my leather jacket! Haven't put on wool socks in years.

On Niche items-One of my recurring jobs is cutting 1/2" ply into 2 x 4 sheets and putting a hole in them for cornhole boards. My draftsman has a sideline making cornhole sets that "nest" with a handle and sells them all over the US, typically with a College or Pro team logo on them. He avoids the trademark issue by buying a licensed decal and then clearcoating it onto the boards. Apparently that is "acceptable" by the teams. He ain't gettin rich but it's extra money in his pocket.

By the way Dan-Ever sell any of the little tables? Shouldn't I get an "Inspiration" royalty? Next time I'm in BC I'll take it out in Molson's.

The little tables sell very well, I just get tired of making them. The plant where I got the laminated pine from went into receiver ship, so I slowed it down they made a furniture grade laminate 4/4 in 36 x 48 size which was so nice to work with and now its nowhere to be found.
    Your right of course Brady, Its just getting scary, she is Walmart Sec. Manager she is going to have to make a decision, very soon.

Yeah,I shuda been clearer, I was referring to the Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by danhamm View Post
    Its just getting scary, she is Walmart Sec. Manager she is going to have to make a decision, very soon.
    1) It's only money.

2) It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else.

3) The only sure thing is that there is no such thing as a sure thing.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Yah, I was aware of the web site being unfriendly to I pads we have a few around here, Hey Donn, I used to spend some time around the Lake Oswego area, many moons back, my Uncle had Turco engineering, and a nice little golf course there.
    Just wondering where your located down there.? love the area..

I'm 18 miles west of Portland right off highway 26 in North Plains, kinda out in the country. Love it...quiet, no crime.

A little update to my world, My wife has left the Walmart and is doing fantastic in her endevours, has had to copyright her products as there are so many copycats out there.
    I have slowly become kinda retired... just doing what I want to and enjoying I immensely.