Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puzzle rocker

Default Puzzle rocker

Anybody have plans (DXF preferred) for a puzzle rocker? These are kid's rockers that fit together in slots with no screws needed to hold them together. They would be a natural for our SBs.

Thanks!

Joa
    joa*removeallthis*@deschutes.net

rgengrave@aol.com Guest

Joa you have mail

Ron V

Thanks for the scan of the rocking horse Ron, pretty cool.

The one I had in mind (a little simpler than the horse) can be seen on...

http://web.a-znet.com/wakula1/funds.html

http://www.gigglesforkids.com/rocker2.html

http://www.celebrationsboca.com/wood.htm

Maybe this would make a great "how to" file on the SB page. Anybody game? Anybody have the DXF already?

Joa

rgengrave@aol.com Guest

Joa the plans you see on the links are simple to make your self, it is just tounge and grove locks

2 sides
    1 back
    1 seat
    1 lock

just take a better look at this 1

http://www.celebrationsboca.com/wood.htm

Ron v

Assuming you were to make these for resale to the public, I think you would need to protect yourself with some kind of product liability insurance.

Not to be a "spoiled sport" about these things but I think any products involving children and their safety, need to be insured against lawsuits arising from that one bizarre occurence that nobody had realized the potential for.

What if a kid rocks too hard and goes over backwards and cracks his or her head open? What if one kid rocks over another kids finger and breaks the finger? What if a kid gets a finger wedged in between the pieces that are being assembled?

Am I being paranoid? I don't know but every year there's kids that actually die from falling head first into 5 gallon buckets that have water in them. Who would ever think that would happen?

Just because people do stupid things like spilling scalding hot coffee in their laps while driving, doesn't mean they will not win the lawsuit.

Hey - nothing might ever happen and you could make thousands of these cool rockers and you'll retire somewhere and live like a king off your good fortune. From this screen to Gods ears right?

If you're going to make these for your own kids, have fun with it. It looks like a cool idea. I do think once you place yourself into the position of manufacturer though, there are liability issues to consider.

Well if ya can't beat em, join em I always say. Both my mom and my sister are attorney's so I'm not too worried about it
    Not to mention that I'm not Microsoft so no deep pockets to go after.

But for all that I was really wanting to make the rocker for my daughter. If I was going to do it as a wholesale item I'd draw it up like I want it.

Joa

Mayo has a point. When I was setting up my business, one of the questions my insurance agent asked me was "will you be making you make furniture?". Turns out the premiums were considerably higher than the non-furniture making rates.

A post on copyrights was moved to right place, using the Edit button in under 10 minutes

moderators are working today

I had some spare time today.. I havent tried cutting it yet, use 1/4" bit It may need some tweaking, or I can send the DXF file.

puzzle rocker
    puzchair.zip (9 k)

844.jpg
    I put it together in trueSpace, looks like the back piece needs a small adjustment.
    Shopbot file is for 3/4 material.