I had a great "first full day" yesterday with my new buddy - seriously some of the best money I have ever spent in my shop! Within a few minutes I was pulling client logos off my usb drive and reproducing them perfectly in mdf practice panels - thanks to all who said to get going on the software before the machine arrived I encountered two "odd" things yesterday -
The first was the machine losing com - I know one time I stepped on the usb cable, but two other times the machien lost com and I had to cycle the power on the bot to reconnect. Could this be a bad ground or some other electrical interference?
The second item was a tool parameters change from PW to the ShopBot software - I was cutting letters with a v-bit and they were not deep enough. I went back into PW and changed the text to bold and recalculated the toolpath. I saved the toolpath, opened it in ShopBot, and the bit went to the right spot then plunged through the piece I opened the file in ShopBot preview and checked the tool parameters and all the settings for my v-bit in my tool library had changed. ???