Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video Clips

Androids do that too and also handle Flash.

Dave,

I think an Android is great and a Flip is probably good too. I don't give a hoot about the equipment, I'm only interested in getting the job done.

I don't know how I get myself in these tight spots. It's gotta be, I can't say no to new orders. And the next thing I know there isn't time to do creative things like making a few movie clips or testing out a good idea.

OK, OK, "I'm not taking in any more work. Nada, None, Zip, that's it." Then there's a beautiful french speaking girl on the phone. She's from a movie production company in despirate need of dimensional lettering! And there's plenty more set desing work too. Now, ask yourself, what are you going to do? I had to set a wholesale 23K job back two days not to mention the Grand Opening sign due tomorrow.

100 degrees yesterday. Great working weather for an old codger. It's a good life if you keep learning and growing.

Joe Crumley
    www.normansignco.com
    Last edited by joe; 06-09-2011 at 07:25 PM.

A quick Google search turns up a number of tripod adapters for the i phone.

It would still be wise to get somebody to film you when possible even with a tripod. By capturing different angles, zooming, panning, etc... you can create a more interesting video.
    If the lighting conditions inside of your shop are not up to par, try a couple of $10.00 halogen worklights on a stand. The kind that everybody has 5 of but the bulbs are all dead.
    You don't need to please any critics here. Decent lighting, Steady use of the camera, and lack of background noise will go a long way.

Michael Schwartz - Waitsfield VT
    Shopbot prs standard 48x96. Aspire. SB Link.

Thanks to everyone for all the good suggestions. Jees, this is will be a fun project.

Yesterday Gary C. gave me a call about using a cheap video camera which has a remote on and off switch. As he suggested that would save editing time. No telling what that entails.

Perhaps Scultp Nouveau or Texturing would be good one to start off. I'm definately open to topic suggestion. Please post your idea's. There's a slow spot in the schedule next week. Let me know what to do!

Joe Crumley
    www.normasnsignco.com
    Last edited by joe; 06-11-2011 at 09:13 AM.

How about starting from the beginning Joe:
    1. elements of design and font selection.
    2. Materials and applications

I vote for Scultp Nouveau or Texturing!
    Official Cartoonist for the Atlanta Falcons

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark_tucker52/

Joe
    A lot of your techiques are posted its huge

It think your finishing would work well with video ,Example expoye pour I had no clue you could do that or different colour stain at the same time .In pictures they look a little fuzzie on how to do.But in video would make a huge differnce

Thanks Joe for your time I can't thank you enough

I would be happy to see anything you do especially finishing techniques.

Thanks everyone for the good suggestions on the first video's. All of them are excellent. I'm trying to get my mind around which would be the easiest to produce. It seems to me a little discussion on Epoxy for background coatings wouldn't be too difficult. Then it would be a natural step to topcoat a few letters in preparation of gilding.

It's obvious this would intail doing close-up's in order to show the detail and I have no idea of how hard that will be. Our good friend Andy B. has volunteered to help on editing and putting it all together. I'll also let him do the final postings.

If you've ever tried to prep HDU for gold letters you know how time consuming and frustrating it can be. We'll cut that frustration down with the video and show how the epoxy will also leave a beautiful domed effect. That alone takes the letter to another level. Hope there will be enough time to gild a couple of letters.

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/jcrumley1/IMG_1863.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/jcrumley1/IMG_1206.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/jcrumley1/Hemingways.jpg[/IMG]

Ronl, my assistant, and I are finishing up a couple of larger jobs and will have some time to work on the film later on next week. Will keep you posted.

Keep those suggestions coming. They are not wasted. I need all the help I can get.

Joe Crumley
    www.normansignco.com
    Last edited by joe; 06-13-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Joe, starting from the beginning would be nice: materials, basic techniques, or even small sample projects. Thank you so much for sharing this.