Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Khattak's Laminar Flow Nozzle Project

Quote Originally Posted by geometree View Post
    Fantastic! Are you going to incorporate this into your fountain project? I'm interested in how much of the laminar flow will be maintained if split into smaller streams. I am always excited to see how you progress when you post a new project. Thank you for sharing.
    Hi geometree
    Thanks for appreciations but this is not my invention, i am a follower of this great project... Introducing a small round fiber optic or cast acrylic rod will not make turbulence IMHO as we have seen many videos on internet....
    We can not divide this laminar into multiple laminar stream.. For each laminar jet we need one Laminar nozzle similar like we have posted above...

I am making a small anemometer from a Computer fan motor so that at high wind gush the micro-controller automatically stop the fountain .. This will not exactly anemometer but this will be a an experimental DC generator.. We will measure at what wind speed it generate how much DC current and then we will use those DC values to shut-off or start the Fountain..
    I left woodwork due to office work.

Khalid - I can't take credit for the acrylic rod idea. It was posted on the other forum you are posting on. Entering the bottom with a standard 1/2" compression tubing fitting seems like the way to go however.

I was looking at the 40W LedEngin LED. Kinda expensive but all three colors are in one package and simplifies the fiberoptic 'plumbing' problem. They are also very bright @ 40W!

Still looking at the LED controllers.

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

I guess that there is a way to bend light

Quote Originally Posted by geometree View Post
    Fantastic! Are you going to incorporate this into your fountain project? I'm interested in how much of the laminar flow will be maintained if split into smaller streams.
    Yes i will incorporate Lighting and cutter mechanism in this project, may be much more. if you have any other ideas for automation must share with us?
    Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by br928 View Post
    I was looking at the 40W LedEngin LED. Kinda expensive but all three colors are in one package and simplifies the fiberoptic 'plumbing' problem. They are also very bright @ 40W!
    Hi, 40 Watt has hell of power... You have to make good cooling arrangement...

Someone on the other forum has already used the 40W LED. They mounted it to a CPU heatsink that has a built-in cooling fan. Seems like a perfect match.

Hi Stan,
    I wish to see such high power RGB Led in action
    i will use ATMEGA 328P chip and make a small PCB that will include MOSFET IRF540 to control the solenoid vale and RGB LED.. it will be a small PCB... I will only use the Arduino to program the chip but not salvage it for this project.

I will use PC power supply to control all the circuitry.
    As soon i get the RGB i will start drawing PCB.

Hi,
    I have made a small wind sensor from a DC motor of old CD ROM. This DC Motor generate 0.3V at high wind. So i have to use it for my Laminar Nozzle project. At low wind the voltage generated by the motor is little but if wind is on higher side a voltage of about 0.12 VDC the fountain stream can be disturbed.

Did a little programming in Arduino when a DC voltages reaches to 0.12Volts stop the fountain and when the voltage below this value ON the fountain... I know you people will understand.. this is not a real Anemometer but with wind it gives us a voltage reading which we can use to start or stop the fountain.

the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=megInro0qII
    Attached Images Attached Images

And here is the Cutter mechanism with 12 V Solenoid. Also you can see Pre-Filtration Unit...and a painted modified anemometer...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice progress. I understand the cutter is the hardest part.