Thread: I have a small project

burrisstudios Guest

Default I have a small project

Hello, this is my first time using this forum. I'm a one man shop woodworker. I'm wanting to make Arts & Crafts style clocks. For the face of the clock, I have designed one in the A & C style. It's approxiamately 6" by 6". What I need, is for someone to route my face design, so that I'm able to use it as a mold, for wet clay (tile). Eventually, I'll want another "mold" made of a hard steel, so that I'm able to tap/pound out the same design but using copper instead of wet clay. I'm in southwest Indiana. Any help, or to point me in the right direction, would be appreciated. Thanks

rgbrown@itexas.net Guest

Phillip,

You shouldn't need steel to do the reposse on copper. You should be able to use an epoxy/filler mold for that.

There are several ways to do reposse besides the pound and pray method that are affordable and fairly fast. Good luck.

Ron

Phillip.
    As Ron points out there are a number of ways to work copper. At the last Artcam users group they showed us how to make a "press mold" out of MDF. One half was the "male" part, and the other was the "female" counterpart. They factored in an offset for the thickness of the copper they were using, put the sandwich together, and used regular "C clamps" to squeeze out beautiful copper leaves... Bill P.