Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cornhole!!

Default thanks for the video

Now that i know what corn holing is I am not sure there is much more to learn in life.

Quote Originally Posted by dhunt View Post
    I actually had nightmares...

Those same two hick-boys were 'driving' an old Shopbot PR machine
    with the belt/cable drive somehow running wheels at the bottom of the steel table's legs
    -don't knock it...that rig was making close to 15 mph on a decent tarmac surface!
    They were running me down with the thing!

It was awful: I woke up in a sweat and Wife had to calm me down a bit.
    "It's just a dream!" she said.

"No NO" I said "-that was a nightmare,honey!
    -those guys were....."
    At least the spoil board didn't look like the grand canyon
    Michael Schwartz - Waitsfield VT
    Shopbot prs standard 48x96. Aspire. SB Link.

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

That just goes to show you when you think that you have it bad there is someone who has it worse!

I assume that by "hick-boys" you are referring to the fact that they seem to have an accent that may identify them as coming from south of the Mason Dixon Line.

By "Geoffrey the Cuban" I guess that means that the guy who did that comes from Cuba.

As a transplanted Northerner who grew up in the South and learned much of my trade as a marine joiner and boatbuilder from some incredibly talented carpenters from Cuba I sure hope that you are not using either of those phrases to cast a regional generalization on all that share it.

By the way, my engineer/draftsman comes from Dominican Republic and it would indeed be fortunate for that place if all there were as skilled and conscientious as he. One of my current crew is from Puerto Rico and works his buns off as well as doing a very good job and another is from Honduras and if he ever tried to quit I would murder him!

Personally I don't give a damn where anyone is from and don't really care for using nationality or place of birth as descriptive of talents.

Well said Dave!

Tim

Dave. Sometimes it's hard to decipher intent and true meaning from something written in a forum. There are no facial expressions or tone of voice to compute where that person is coming from. I often kid with southern friends as well and my Dominican neighbor as they do to me. I really don't think he meant anything by it. I really don't see anything hateful it what he wrote. JMHO.

My secret retirement plan is to save up all my spoilboards and then start selling them at $10k a pop as "modern art". This young lady will write my artist statement be sure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v8DbLWAXvU

Dave:

As I said "I sure hope that you are not using either of those phrases to cast a regional generalization on all that share it."

Glad to hear that is the case.

I think most of us have had our own spoil board destruction stories!! I have been known to pull a quick repair by cutting and pasting in a section or whipping out the Bondo after a whoops or z position issue.

The Cornhole video is hilarious and the editing is a blast. A guy who used to do my Autocad work is now doing online sales of "Easy portable" boards and starting to sell pretty well. My wife says it is a direct reaction to people being too overloaded with technology advances and enjoying something totally brainless!

I grew up (mostly) in St. Louis - in that town you play horseshoes or "warshers". Now I live in Cincinnati and cornhole is everywhere - even at the Hofbrauhaus across the river in Newport. Most of the local bars have leagues and its a staple of backyard gatherings. I'd like to think it's a push for a brainless activity but Dad says it's because no one is strong enough to toss a horseshoe anymore