Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back dado not being cut

Bentley's Custom Woodshop, Lower Burrell Pa.

Default Back dado not being cut

I am building a wall unit. designed in ecabs, cut with sb link. The ecab nest shows a .247 full dado for the backs. The sheet print from the link shows a dado for the back. The dado is not being cut.
    I have a 3/8 compression bit # 11 outline bit
    # 12 3/8 DS bit rout/dado
    #13 1/4 DS Bit rout/dado
    # 14 3/16 DS bit rout/ dado and interpolate
    # 15 1/8 DS bit rout/ dado and interpolate
    select tolerance .005
    I believe all of these are right. Can someone give me an idea on this.

Alan,

Do an export from the link and send it to cabinets@thermwood.com and they will figure it out for you.

It also helps if you send them the cabinet hsf
    Kenneth

Alan...
    According to your posted tooling, tool #14 should cut the back dado. Have you "viewed the code"? If so, is there a tool number (hopefully #14) before the full dado operation on that sheet number?

If the guys at TWD dont solve this from your emailed export, email me. Address in red, below left
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

I have sent the shopbot link cab file, the twd file and the esj file to both Thermwood and Shopbot tech support. I have viewed the code and the only cut the 3/16 ( # 14) bit makes is for assemble marks.

Alan...
    I looked over the esj, loaded the twd and the cab files. I see no reason that the .247 dados dont cut. Both tools #13 (.247) and #14 (.1885) would cut the geometry. Hopefully the TWD guys can figure it out.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Seems to go hand in hand with my last link job. Didn't cut some parts, left dado's off parts even though the nesting showed them there, flip ops out of alignment, nesting sheet printouts not coinciding with the labels, causing parts to be mislabeled, had to recut a part (cut wrong the first time) and a dado is missing on the recut (was there on the first cut), etc.

Loosing faith in the link...

I sure hope a new release comes out soon that fixes some of this stuff.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Kerry Fullington Custom Cabinet, Dalhart Texas

Don,

What happened with this thread on the eCabinets Forum?

http://www.thermwood.com/forums/view...hp?f=3&t=12234

Did you send Scott the files he requested and what did he find?

I am with you Don. However on the ecab forum it does sound like an update is in the near furture. There are issues with the link and nothing is being fixed. When dealing with two companys it is easy to just pass the buck. Honestly for the price of the link and software, I just grin and bear it.

Alan, Don...
    Sorry, I'm not piling on. Reason? Because we are dealing with 4 entities here, not 2. And in my experience, 3 of the 4 have readily accepted blame when needed.

There have been some reported issues with a certain combination of settings resulting in funky cuts. When reported, they have been fixed. I am assuming that Alan's problem will be diagnosed by TWD, as its over my head.

Don's on the other hand, is most likely an eCabs problem. It seems there still are a few bugs in it that surface, usually only when a certain combination of settings has been selected. Cabinet regeneration has solved any of those issues that I have encountered. I will second Kerry's question; did you send the files and was it resolved?

For my money, there has NEVER been a misalignment problem when using either FlipOps or FlipOps first. In the end, improper location of the parts has been to blame. In Don's case, improper settings, caused a full sheet misalignment.

The 4 entities are eCabs software, ShopBot (hardware and software) Thermwood (SB Link) and the end user. I have been involved with the Link since its inception and have seen my share of problems. I also have learned that making a good report and making it repeatable made sure it was fixed.

BTW, I meant the first 3
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

Kerry,

I was locked out of TWD's website for so long that I didn't get the file created or uploaded. At least I found out why I had been locked out - problem in Atlanta data center/switching hub was blocking comms. between me and them.

I'll try and get them files on the next go around.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.