Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Files for Woodsmith Shop's stacking sawhorses

Quote Originally Posted by TimS View Post
    Mick,

The dxf version is 6.3MB - which exceeds the attachment limits here.

I compressed it into a .zip file and it's 1.2 MB - which still exceeds the attachment limits here.

If you send me a private message here with an email address, I can try emailing it to you. At 1.2 MB, it should fit under the limits most ISPs impose on email attachments (typically about 5 MBs so plenty small enough in the .zip format).

I'm open to other suggestions as well (in case you have a drop box somewhere, etc).

Tim S.
    Hi Tim,

As you have got permission from the copyright holders you are more than welcome to post it on the Vectric forum (www.vectric.com/forum) and link to it from here. The 1.2Mb zip file should fit within the upload limits.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MogulTx View Post
    I will tell you that DropBox is a viable solution....
    <snip>

Monty
    Thanks. I've used DropBox before to move things between family members but in general, I don't like the online file sharing services and prefer to avoid them.

I'm headed to the airport soon to pick up family returning from vacation. I'll give Brian's suggestion a shot once they're home and settled in (probably late tonight before I can get it all set up). Late edit - created account on Vectric's forum but can't post until it's validated. It's the weekend and I don't know if that translates to having to wait until Monday but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for the DropBox suggestion, Monty. Thanks for the Vectric forums tip, Brian.

Tim S.
    Last edited by TimS; 07-17-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brian_moran View Post
    Hi Tim,

As you have got permission from the copyright holders you are more than welcome to post it on the Vectric forum (www.vectric.com/forum) and link to it from here. The 1.2Mb zip file should fit within the upload limits.

Brian
    I registered there and got sidetracked exploring it. Never did quite figure out which of the VCarve areas was the proper one for this.

In the mean time, Mick contacted me via email and has the dxf file. Not sure if anybody else wants it but I am curious where the proper VCarve area would be (for future reference).

Thanks,
    Tim S.

Tim,
    Thanks for the effort of putting this together and getting the permission.
    Probably the best location would be the Vcarve Pro Tips and Tricks thread on Vectrics forum.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    Tim,
    Thanks for the effort of putting this together and getting the permission.
    Probably the best location would be the Vcarve Pro Tips and Tricks thread on Vectrics forum.

Don

The upload limit on the Vectric forum is 1 MB for .zip files and 2 MB for dxf files. The dxf version of the sawhorses weighs in above both of those limits…

Thanks anyway. It was well worth trying.

Tim S.

Tim,

It's all the text that makes the dxf file so large. Attached is the dxf and a separate "Readme" text file zipped up @ 20kb.

Thanks for taking the time to do these up and contacting the publisher.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by srwtlc; 07-21-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by srwtlc View Post
    Tim,

It's all the text that makes the dxf file so large. Attached is the dxf and a separate "Readme" text file zipped up @ 20kb.

Thanks for taking the time to do these up and contacting the pulisher.
    As a long-time techie, it's really sad to hear that text is what causes the bloat (but almost nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to things like this).

Thanks for finding a solution.

Tim S.

Tim,

Particularly since the entire Enclyclopaedia Britannica can fit on a $12 flash drive these days!
    Ron Sloan

Quote Originally Posted by TimS View Post
    The upload limit on the Vectric forum is 1 MB for .zip files and 2 MB for dxf files. The dxf version of the sawhorses weighs in above both of those limits…

Thanks anyway. It was well worth trying.

Tim S.
    Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been travelling. I hadn't realised there was a second tier of restrictions on the uploaded file size on our forum. I've now fixed this so that files upto 3mb can be uploaded.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brian_moran View Post
    Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been travelling. I hadn't realised there was a second tier of restrictions on the uploaded file size on our forum. I've now fixed this so that files upto 3mb can be uploaded.

Brian

That's great news. Thank you!