Thread: 7.2-1 Motor Specs.

Default 7.2-1 Motor Specs.

I'm looking for specs on the motors on an older PRT standard. The machine's motor's are all the same which was a custom option. 7.2-1 gear ratio 1amp motors. The machine also needs a new controller. Not looking for steps per inch etc, i can figure those out for the machine. What i have is a usb signal generator and software from my old cnc router. I believe this signal generator may run the motors however i need the specs on them first. The old machine uses 269oz 2.1amp steppers and the sb motors are simply marked 1amp. Just trying to get a baseline of info to see if it'll work or not. Any info is appreciated and tech support hasn't been helpful so far. voltage, ohms, oz, etc is what i need from the motor itself.

Thanks
    Randy

You should be able to run these as a 4-wire motor in bipolar series configuration.

Here's the OEM equivalent of that motor.

You can run ANY stepper driver that takes step & direction signals, and you should use a current set resistor to limit the current going to the motor at 2 Amps or less.

Other than this...there isn't much more to know about them when it comes to hooking them up.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Thanks Brady it's much appreciated. Just to make sure, i'm going to forward the motor info to the controller's manufacturer. I have found out that the controller runs .5amps at 5VDC and is step and direction. Just need to get the machine going for now if possible to see how she moves before investing in another SB controller.

Thanks again.
    Randy