Thread: Molten Fein Turbo III

Default Molten Fein Turbo III

I have used two Fein Turbo III vacuums for hold down quite successfully for the past four years. Recently, one of my vacuums started making a different noise and then lost vacuum. I was able to quickly valve off the one hurt vacuum and fortunately did not lose the project that I was cutting. The vacuum's motor was still running before I shut it down. Later, I removed the head from the canister and was shocked to see a bunch of very deformed plastic. For some reason the vacuum overheated, but did not cook the motor.

I sent the vacuum head to Fein for a quote for repair and I received a call today from a technician. He did confirm that the motor is fine and that he cannot figure out why the vacuum overheated. He asked if I was using the vacuum while it was on it side as perhaps something came loose and caused a blockage. He also suspected that the float somehow got sucked up and caused a lack of airflow. I explained that I understood that the Fein vacuums were special because they did not need the air that they are sucking to provide cooling and he did not agree. I have not explained for which application these vacuums are used as I am not sure if Fein would recommend their vacuums for this type of application.

The cost to replace all of the melted parts on the vacuum head is going to be $181.00 plus shipping. I think that this is the least expensive solution at this point. I would appreciate any suggestions or comments?

Kind regards,

JIM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Use the search function & search for: Fein motor

This thread may be of use: Fein Stuff

The Fein was never made to function as a hold down for CNC. It just so happens to be a cheap way to get decent suction and CFM for the money. At some point you'll want to kick up to a real vacuum pump made for this kind of duty.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com