Thread: Part works 3d question

Default Part works 3d question

im try out some free 3d samples from the vectorart website! I have done all the setup and the preview looks perfect!! when i go to save the toolpath it says no post processor forund??? what am i missing?? thanks in advance SK

Copy the post processors from C:\SbParts\PartWorksPosts into C:\Program Files\ShopBot\PartWorks3D\PostP

If you get an error in PW3D on startup, delete all posts in the PW3D PostP folder except the ones named Shopbot_inch.pp & Shopbot_mm.pp

You can download them from SB here

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Default Thank You

I had a similar Postprocessor error message and your suggestion with this patch seems to do the fix. Finding the answer was like the proverbial needle in a haystack. Wish ShopBot and PartWorks could take the guesswork out of what is the most recent edition of their Archive/Archival files.
    Much Appreciated,
    Matt

When you install SB3, it loads the most current posts in the folder: C:\SbParts\PartWorksPosts\PartWorks3D

You can copy these to the PostP folder in: C:\Program Files (x86)\ShopBot\PartWorks3D\PostP

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Its Still giving error here after The last step you said it will end ..Please help .

I didn't see a satisfactory answer to this problem, so I thought I'd chime in just in case others have this issue.

I had this issue when firing up my old SB software on a new computer. There were no post-processor files in the PW3D PostP folder, just a text file saying this was where they should be.

I found that I first had to upgrade my old PW software to version 3.504 (using the update button under the Help drop-down menu).

Then, I had to install the appropriate version of SB3 (the SB app) on the same computer, even though I drive the SB from a different computer in my workshop and won't be using the SB3 app on my office computer ever. Once installed, you can find the old versions of the post-processor files in a folder here:

C:\SbParts\PartWorksPosts\PartWorksPosts_ARCHIVE

The two files you need are ShopBot_Inch.pp and ShopBot_MM.pp both dated 5/12/2009. Copy these two files and paste them to this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ShopBot\PartWorks3D\PostP

Then try running PartWorks3D again, and I think you'll find everything will work YMMV though! Feel free to ask me any follow up questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph.fm View Post
    Its Still giving error here after The last step you said it will end ..Please help .
    Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Dave Fifield