Thread: Proximity switch

Default Proximity switch

Recently I ran into a little trouble with the machine an older prt 48. Now The prox switches only work in one direction. Looking at it it works when going from left to right. I normally zero off those. I tried making the table base coordinates at that location but I can't get them to work going that direction. I know I hit the wron button somwher along the line, just don't know which one. Thanks for any help.

Bob

Bob...
    You may be able to get some help here, but some additional clartification is needed. Can you explain what you are doing, in steps, and what the results are or are not?
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Gary,

I use my prox switch to zero x and y in bottom left corner. Somewhere along the line I must have changed base coordinates or something. Now when the machine moves along the x axis to the lower left prox switch it does not stop it nor does the light come on. However, when I move it back to the right the prox switch light comes on and stops the machine. i can't explain it any other way. It doesn't seem to effect the y axix.

Bob

Bob...
    are you moving with the keyboard, a move command, or using the XY zero (C3) file?

Does the light on the position screen (should be #3) light when you slide a wrench (or similar) behind the switch? How about the other one?

Are the switches enabled? [V] [N] set for your machine? (Limits ON) Also Input 3 should be Normally open limit

Have you checked wires for nicks or loose connections?
    Last edited by Gary Campbell; 09-12-2011 at 01:35 PM.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

I may not be following the post correctly, but it sounds as though the target (a bolt head with a locking nut) is too far away from the prox on the left end and needs to be adjusted. Can you manually (K) move the carriage so prox is over the target on the left end and adjust until the prox light comes on?

If I remember right on the prt's these were sometimes put on with double stick tape (designed to be screwed when in place and working correctly, but some of us never got around to that) and could have just plain fallen off too.
    Ken Zey
    Lookout Mercantile / Digital Millwork
    Rogers, AR
    www.CedarSlabSigns.com
    www.lookoutmercantile.com
    www.digitalmillwork.com

6x12 PRS alpha

I use the c3 command or move with the keypad, doesn't matter. the bolt is good because it will stop the machine going left to right but not right to left. The second prox switch on the far ends does stop the machine but I would be traveling that way. I will check the V N files to make sure.

Thanks
    Bob