From earlier post by Bill Young:
The thing I've found that works the best for me is blogging. It's free if you use something like Blogger (www.blogger.com) and requires very little time to do. You can post pictures if you want and can also invite others to collaborate with you on the blog so that you can all post items. Blogger has a really simple interface and it keeps track of all the details so you don't have to keep track of links and archiving things. They'll host it on their servers for free or you can upload it by ftp to your server if you want to have it local. People can post comments on your blog if you want them to be able to, or you can turn that off.

If you are more interested in posting lots of pictures than the commentary part then you might look at Flickr (www.flickr.com) or one of the other free picture hosting sites. I have customers that post pictures on Flickr as they're building their boats...it's neat to watch the progress. You can also "tag" pictures in Flickr so that people can search them...I found this picture with a search in Flickr for "CNC"

Just some thoughts..take them for what they're worth,
Bill

www.seaside5592.blogspot.com