Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blog Sites

Mobius Megatar Touch-Style Basses, Mount Shasta CA

I have a blog that's been running since 2003, except for about a year when our server was slightly damaged due to being hijacked by a spammer to as to send important body-improvement info to needy folks in Brazil and Portugal.

However, my weblog, called "The Adventures of Bloggard," has been restored and is back underway, and can be found at http://bloggard.com. I must admit that I do not discuss my various projects, ShopBot or otherwise, very much on this weblog.

Instead is is filled with over 400 'micro-stories' which many people find funny, absurd, touching, or weird. The stories are mostly true, except for a few lies, and sometime epiphanies.

In addition to the micro-stories, there are a number of 'wisdom logs' which describe some law of the human experience. Some people find these funny. Other folks find them true. There is also a 'Fortune Cookie' which often will give you something to think about when you visit.

I imagine that many of you older botters will relate to the micro-stories, as the stories go back in time, to an earlier time that you will remember.

I apologize that I have very little about my ShopBot projects in The Adventures of Bloggard, but ... well, you'll see.

http://bloggard.com

-- Arthur Cronos, Mount Shasta CA

Paco's area

Some days ago I posted on servicing the Milwaukee 5625 brushes... the bearing failed today so I should be posting on that part in a few days (when I'll get the new ones). Stay tunned!

Nice job Paco!!

My bearings will be needing replacing soon so, I'll be looking forward to your posting on bearing replacement.

Bill Thorpe

Hey Bill!

Thanks! I have myself benefit from such detailed procedure in the past from various source (now friends for the most) so I'm very happy when I can contribute... and being told that it help is the cherry on top!

If you're planning on replacing any parts soon, I strongly advise to order them NOW. Make this a overall maintenance tune up. Get the brushes set, both bearings, a collet shank (this nut is tighten at 16.5 ft-lbs from the specs. with lock nut compound; mine threads were all stripped) and why not get both (tree?) collets sizes with nuts while at it. Only the collets are somewhat expensive, the other parts are VERY affordable so I think it's a good idea to have spare handy.

Bearings need a press to be remove and reinstalled.

More later...

Here is a link to my blog. www.handhwoodworking.blogspot.com

Thanks for looking.

Jeff

Well that is a pretty clean shop Jeff! Even your Bot doesn't have any dust. A lot of room to dance around. I'm in envy!

Keep posting!

PS: Your blog setting does not allow comments to be made easily... remove the word verification and the blog team requirement...

Paco,
    I upgraded my blog and you should be able to leave comments. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Blue Ridge Fabrication and Design, Jasper GA

We finished up a pretty neat project a few months ago - I just posted it to our blog.

http://customsigns.blogspot.com/

Keep forgetting to post this here: http://www.becausewecan.org/blog/

Our blog for our company.

Decided to start a blog for the small business I work for. Too bad we just finished a giant project and didn't have a camera to take pictures. That's something we'll need to fix. Until then, my personal projects will populate the blog.

http://ayankeeworkshop.blogspot.com/