Thread: Lose Z Zero during cut

Question Lose Z Zero during cut

Need help with this one guys. I am cutting a sign and during the cut the z decided to plunge about .750 into a cut that should have been no deeper than .200. I used Aspire 3.5 to design this sign and have had some issues with my Z ever since upgrading. My questions are...

1. Is anyone else using Aspire 3.5 experiencing this issue?
    2. Is there and update that I am missing for the 96 X 48 Alpha?
    3. Line 16630 is where this happens in my code, is any one else seeing this happen around the same line?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Robert,

To help with your first question, I have been cutting 2D/3D projects with the V3.5 betas for months and haven't had any Z related issues. I am very sure your problem does not lie with Aspire.

You can always run your .sbp files through the ShopBot previewer. This will show you the results of the actual toolpath instructions going to your controller.

Tim

What are your move speeds set to in your SBP?

Look for the MS command.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Robert...
    Yours is not a normal occurance. You give a line number. Has this happened on more than 1 occasion? What was the elapsed time of the file run time? Is this run time coincidental with a power or screen saver setting?
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Default Z Issue

Tim, Brady, and Gary,

Thanks for the quick response guys. I ran the code through Aspire before cutting and it showed to be fine, and this morning ran it through SB and it shows to be fine. My MS command is MS 1.7, 0.5. I have had a couple of issues with losing my Z Zero the past few days but both were during a emergency stop operation. For some reason when I stopped the program and reset my controller it assumed that the stop position was 1.5 inches above the original zero when in fact it was in the position I stopped it at.
    I tend to think Gary may be on to something with my PC causing the issue. I had my wi-fi on and it may have been trying to do something in the back ground such and Outlook Mail or an update. I am going to attempt to run again as soon as the machine is free with a fresh restart on my PC and machine.

I will post results later today.

Thanks again for all the help.

Default Z Zero found and not lost any more

All,

First of all thank you for your quick response. I have since re-ran the file again after restarting my PC and Machine with no issues. I also turned off my internet connection. I think my issue may have been with stuff running in the background of my PC and causing havoc on my machine. The only other thing I can think of is that there was a gremlin that jumped on my PC while I wasn't looking and changed my perimeters.

In either case this issue is resolved and I am sure I will be back soon with another.

Thanks again for the assistance.
    Robert