Thread: Indexer

Default Indexer

I have had my shopbot alfa for about almost two years now. I do alot of cabinets and 3d sign foam carvings and sign shapes, that kinda of stuff. I bought a indexer when I bought the machine but never used it. I have a little more time to fool around with it and don't know where to start. My machine is a 5 x 8 table, I have a place machined on the table in the x direction for the aluminum mounts so that they would be straight, the head and tail stock I mean. I am running artcam 2008 software. Where should I go for getting started tips. I'm dying to try some wrapped posts and such. Thanks Rick

Hey, You won't believe me, but that is my exact same situation. So I join you in your request. PRS 5x8, Indexer, 12 Z

Well,I didn't even think I had mine wired up but I just went out in the shop to check things out and I had already wire mine up when I got it and it's just been setting in the floor for almost 2 years. I tell ya it's just shameful. But in my defense I just haven't had the call for it. But with the economy a little slow I have some extra time to develop some new products

Rick Welcome to the INDEXING WORLD
    ... I would love to see the projects you will doing with the indexer.... Artcam 2008 is a great software for beautiful work..bcasue you can create the designs within it and can make the indexing toolpaths too...