Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Florida Camp

Talking Ft. Lauderdale camp goes International!

I'm really pleased to announce that we have a fellow botter coming from The Domincan Republic to join us at the camp. I believe this will be Jose's first camp and we look forward to welcoming him to the community.

Attendance reservations are coming in fast and furious now but for those who have been putting it off don't worry. We have plenty of room and will make sure there are chairs and pizza for all.

For those who have yet to sign up don't forget to also send your phone, where your are coming from, how you use your ShopBot(if you have one), and which days you will be attending.

Thanks;

Dave

Dave
    Put me down for two, Me and my son will be attending both days .
    Need to see what new things Gary has up his sleeve

Great Tom-By now Gary has probably seen this and is forewarned!

Default One week to go !!!

OK, We're getting close to the Camp date(s), and if you have not yet contacted Dave or myself about your plans to attend, we'd ask that you do so in the next few days. It always helps us know the approximate number of people attending so we can be prepared. There is a LOT on the agenda (see above) so please let us know which day(s) you plan to be there. Thanks !!!
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Looks like it will be a great group. The "predictable" weather report just came out. Although we are getting some much needed rain today the end of the week is going to be 80 degrees and sunny. Time for you last minute folks sick of the cold to get your tickets!

Default Hey Guys

How many are you expecting?

Default Head count

Michael,
    At the moment we have 49 people who have RSVP'd that they plan to attend at least one of the two days, and most of these people will be there for both days...

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Default Wow

That is a good turn out! Any recomendations for a moderately priced hotel in the area?
    Thanks

Default Ft. Lauderdale hotels

Michael,
    There are a number of "chain" hotels such as Red Roof Inn, Comfort Inn, etc. within a few miles of Dave's Shop. He's right off of I-95 so you can pick just about ANY hotel near the interstate and be at his shop easily. Having said that do NOT choose the closest hotel, the "Days INN" as it is located just yards away from the local Amtrak rails and the trains run throughout the night....
    (Been there, will NOT do it again....).

Bill has very sensitive hearing!
    I have received a few e-mails about nearby places to stay. The Days Inn is close but it is right by a pretty busy train track. A couple exits north around Cypress Creek and 95 there are a few other places like a Marriott and a Westin. Better soundproofing. The Days inn is a small motel, the others mentioned are more "hotel" but Hotels.com bookings can sometimes get a better price than any other method.
    I have done pretty good finding places to stay by using google earth to locate the options and checking out the places. As a pretty large Metro area no-one is willing to negotiate a "group rate" unless an awful lot of rooms are guarenteed.
    For anyone who is coming by camper or RV there is a very nice park a few miles away. Let me know if you want the info.