Thread: Free Guitar Patterns and Curriculum --- http://www.guitarbuilding.org/#!curriculum

Smile Free Guitar Patterns and Curriculum --- http://www.guitarbuilding.org/#!curriculum

Any other schools using the patterns from http://www.guitarbuilding.org/#!curriculum? My students and I are cutting out bodies that we downloaded from them. They have five or six free ones to download including the ShopBot Partwork files. We are also using them as a template and to help re-engineer are own designs. Attached is our Lunar Mars version. Kindof hard to see the 3D contours that were cut, but they are there and our wonderful new ShopBot made them.

I attended one of their workshops this summer in Seattle and was happier than a clam at high tide when I found out they were using a Shopbot to cut out the bodies and necks. It was the best workshop that I ever attended!

Anyway, wanted to start a new Shopbot thread dealing with guitar building.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Guitars!!!

We are also in the process of making some ver, very siimple models so KIDS can start to understand how to model and then, how to fabricate them. Thanks for your photos, they are great!

Andres Gonzalez
    www.Rhino3D.com

Woodworking Specialties, Bakersfield California

Andres

Wonderful idea to start a new thread re. guitars! I too have developed a new passion for guitars and lutheiry in general. There are many avenues of information out there but it would be good to have another from the perspective of the shopbotter. Even though I started with electric guitar bodies and necks, I am enjoying making an acoustic guitar under the tutelage of Jay Dickenson (Portland Guitar Co.).

The shopbot has been a wonderful help for making the Jigs and fixtures needed to construct the guitar. The same thing can be sone by hand the old way but this is a lot less painful, More accurate, and faster!

Needless to say, the technical help at shopbot tools has come to my rescue many times, especially help with the dish for forming the front and back.

Gary

You can also check in with our brothers over at the Vectric forum, lot's of good guitar info there as well. Russ

http://www.vectric.com/forum/search....&submit=Search

I've been teaching guitar building (with power/hand tools, no CNC) for 13 years at a high school on Cape Cod....... looking to make the move to CNC now that i have my NEW SHOPTBOT DESKTOP:-). We've built somewhere around 500 electrics and 200 acoustics in that time. The only manufactured parts we use are pre-slotted fingerboards and pre-carved acoustic bridges. We even have our truss rods made by a former student!

mostly I'm checking out that site for supporting STEM connections to support what we're already doing :adding more scientific/mathematics content to the curriculum.
    I'd definitely like to collaborate/share info with other educators also doing guitar building

Karl Hoyt
    Nauset Regional High School
    Cape Cod, Ma.