Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: somewhat new to aspire

it is in the eye of the beholder and so many variations look good. What you did initially looked great so "what ever floats your boat" is what i'd go with.

Did you do your research and find the link for the handshake? That is the last task to becoming a full fledged member....

Default search engines

search engines confuse me i was hoping that you would send me the link.

now another serious question. i scored some black walnut today and thinking of doing that plaque with it. i like black walnut. typically i wipe it with linseed oil which immediately turns it dark, i mean real dark. i am thinking of just leaving the graphics a natural color instead of staining. but i am open for ideas.

Just by the fact that you fell for that line about "the handshake" qualifies you to be a member in good standing! btw we are organizing a shopbot snipe hunt in case you're interested...lol

To be honest, i'm not the best one for finishing advice, there are far better experts than I, however i have done a lot of carvings in walnut and tried different finishes. I tried a stain on walnut which like in your case made it just darker.

Most of my experience has been to use a clearcoat of (whatever) that changed the look (the correct term excapes me at this second).

I tried a satin poly that i do not like. I like a clear gloss polyurethane or glossy shellac that was good but again there are more here with better advice.
    Good luck and welcome!

Default finishing

that a direction that i need help in.

snipe hunting, the last time i tried to get some in a sack, one bit me on my big toe.