Thread: PartWorks Railing...

Default PartWorks Railing...

I and my partner in crime are well into the final design stages of our pair of 1/8th Boeing B-47's and rapidly approaching purchase
    of a Desktop. We purchased an UP3D printer to extrude our detail components.

I have spent a lot of time with the Aspire trial version as it accelerates our milling and extruding from .stl.

Since Scott is not in today I thought I would ask my PartWorks questions here.

(1). Is railing in the latest version of PartWorks?

(2). Of the 3D enhancements to PartWorks...what are the principal add ons?

I hope railing (lofting) is a current component as I envision PartWorks as an integration tool to both the UP3D and the DeskTop.

Thanks in advance for your replies !

Ed

Partworks (aka V-Carve Pro) does not have any 3D capabilities, you would need Aspire for that.

Partworks can import 3D toolpaths created in Cut3D but Cut3D cannot create any 3D shapes, only toolpath ones created in other 3D modeling programs.

Have you downloaded and tried the free V-Carve Pro trial? This should answer all your questions. You can find it here:

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr...d_products.htm

Tim

Added: I just looked at your older posts and see where you have asked these questions already and great answers were provided to you. Perhaps it will save you some time to know that nothing has changed with Partworks/V-Carve Pro with respect to 3D capabilities since you previously asked and the answers provided to you then still apply.
    Last edited by tmerrill; 01-02-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: additional info

Default I Have Read References to PartWorks3D

I read references to PartWorks 3D...and found no differential discussion of it to PartWorks.
    Apparently PartWorks references should have been titled PartWorks 3D.

I was ordering a copy of Aspire to utilize in rail creation, however with references to PW3D
    I thought if railing was in PartWorks3D we could achieve what we need without Aspire.

Another in our design team is a Solid Works modeler. What I want the railing for is lofting of
    cross sections and airfoil surfaces to mill with the Desktop. Using PartWorks for lofting will
    accelerate the process to final .stl file by our generating as much as possible to 3D so Bob's
    SolidWorks downtime is minimized.

How many computers can PartWorks 3D be resident in. I ask because we have four
    different computers two notebooks and two desktop computers I want to use it in.

ADDED:
    Thanks Tim! That is what I was really asking but afraid of too short a reply overlooking things
    that may now be resident within the program. Over the years I have learned software utility
    is learned to the extent of "user need" and not necessarily everyone learning every attribute.
    To ask too short a question has all too often returned a too short and not necessarily accurate
    answer... ;^)

This group has been most helpful as I have asked many questions and received fast replies. You
    may have noticed our airframe has grown by about 12% from its original concept. This as we've
    had to make changes to accommodate changes in power systems (EDF) electric ducted fans.

Ed
    Last edited by Flite-Metal; 01-02-2012 at 01:33 PM.