Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power problems

Default Power problems

So, today I applied powe to my shopbot. I installed SB3 on my laptop and plugged in the USB hub. All was well, winderz found the new device and said the device drivers were installed.

Great!, So I thought, I turned the big red switch to power on the control box, pfffft, nothing, nothing but a green light where the USB plug was plugged in. I opened the box and found this little slider switch and slid it to the right, and boom, all the motors powered on, but I let go of the switch and it slides back left and all the motors power off.

When I start SB3 it says that it appears that the shopbot tool is present, but the control box is not powered on, but I know dang well it is powered on, cuz I turned the switch.

Is there some majick switch I gotta throw inside the control box to start it the 1st time?

Where is this 'little slider switch' located in the box? Post a pic...

You are running a Standard with the aluminum RBK box, right?

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Attached are pics of my control box and the solenoid that has the slider switch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have incoming power in the wrong spot. It needs to get wired to the top side of the power switch...You NEED to read the control box wiring diagram for your tool. It should be in a 6x9" Manila envelope. SB recommends that a licensed electrician do the high voltage wiring for this reason. Stop messing with the sliding switch...

The bottom of that contactor is where you will wire in your router so that it can be turned on & off via the control software. READ THE WIRING DIAGRAM!!! Nobody wants you getting hurt.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

I didn't wire any of that stuff, that is the way it came, all I did was plug up the power to the wall. I was under the impression that SB would have wired it correctly from the factory.

The bottom of that contactor is an output, for sure. It is meant to be hooked up to your 110v router.

ShopBot does not ship RBK boxes 'ready to plug in' - they ALL need to be hard wired to the power switch.

Now hurry up and get it running already without zapping yourself!

-B

That's BS, if it is wired backwards, then they wired it somehow, because I surely didn't.....

I will have a conversation with SB tomorrow, 13K for a router, it needs to be right.

David

I agree - call them in the AM and get it straightened out. There should have been a female plug on the end of that whip for the router to plug into. Are you saying that it was a male plug ?

-B

The power cord that came out of the bot, to the wall was female, I removed the plug in type connectors and put on the twist on type connectors. That cable was about 20 feet long. There is another hole in the box with no cable at all in it, I suspected that is where the router would come in, but I would have to cut the ends off and hook it into the board.

Did I plug the wrong wire into the wall? that could be a problem, I reckon I need to look at that diagram a bit closer to see if I have screwed something up before I go blaming SB. Naw the heck with it, I never screw up, it is all SB's fault

David

One other Question, the Z Zero Plate has a connector on it, is that used for additional accessories like a probe or something like that? I couldn't find a place to hook it up.

David