Thread: Trouble w/ Installation

Default Trouble w/ Installation

Hello All,

I am very new to the CNC scene and am having some problems reinstalling the Controller Software. The dedicated computer for my machine had a virus and thus was wiped clean. I did reinstall once but the calibration of the machine seemed way off (i.e. MX of 2.25 generated a computer reading of 34.183). The file I attempted to run never prompted a spindle turn-on and began the above erratic movements.

I uninstalled, pulled out the manual again and am trying to reinstall the software. When doing so, I noticed the manual states my wizard should be a "PRT_Alpha Setup" but the wizard that shows itself on screen is just the "Shopbot 3". Is this something of importance? I am not so sure but it is worth questioning being such a newbie...

Lastly, where can I locate the default settings when the software opens for the first time. I think I may have screwed that up the first time. I'd like to hope that is where all of my problems are stemming from.

Cheers

It sounds like you are using the word "wizard" for "icon".
    The icon on your desktop that you click to open the program says SB3.
    When the program is opened the first time after you install it should ask you to run setup. If it doesn't then you should click on the tools tab and run "setup shopbot". This is the set-up wizard that will take you through all the steps to ensure you are running the right software. You should also run the firmware update.