Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Dust Collection System

Default Interesting Dust Collection System

I saw this dust collector on a PRT in Oakland a couple of years ago, and am hoping someone here can tell me what it is and where I can find them? I called the phone number of their website, but haven't yet spoken to them. TIA!

Looks like a couple of these. I've got one on my bandsaw.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster...oze-prod33200/

Hi Stan,

It is called Loc-Line:

http://www.locline.com/

They do have a Distributors section you can look at.

Tim

Looks great for 3D work if you set it at the top of the block...probably not so hot when cutting a rectangle in the Y direction though.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

I like the fact that you can see your bit all the time. I have gotten so i leave the dust collector off and only use it when cutting mdf. Plus if i'm cutting a 3d file with a 1/8th" bit there is so little sawdust generated that, at least to me, it is a waste of electricity to run the dust collector for an 8 hour cut.

This was my setup for years, coupled to a Fein vacuum.

Visibility was great, bit changes easy and I "think" it got almost all of the dangerous dust that you want to keep out of the air. I wasn't concerned about the chips.

However, it can't be a good as a quality dust shoe that fits around the bit and now that I have replaced the plastic support arch with e-chain, it is open enough above the machine to allow that with a 4" flex hose.
    Attached Images Attached Images

that is an interesting idea for long cut times with an 1/8 ball nose I hate to run a 2 1/2 HP cyclone to pick up the little bit of dust generated, but I also don't want to ignore it - I think a small shop vac cyclone with that sort of end could work nicely if I found a way to attach it to the plate from my big dust shoe

when cutting long 3D files I sometimes leave my dust collector turned off for the final pass only turning it on for a couple of minutes at a time when the chips start to accumulate.
    Michael Schwartz - Waitsfield VT
    Shopbot prs standard 48x96. Aspire. SB Link.

This works because the cooling air coming out of the bottom of the router is diverted by the TAC PRO air deflector. The deflector prevents the dust from getting blown into the air by the router.

Oh wow, just saw this. That's our old setup. As Brady says, it's OK for 3D, and not so hot for everything else.

Since we switched to a spindle we've also switched to a different setup that works WAY better. It's a copy of something else I saw here on the forum. It's more of a dust shoe with a brush skirt & 6" vertical 'chimney stack' duct, that then goes to a 6" flex duct that runs all the way back to the dust collector. The plate of the dust shoe is clear plastic, and once I get a LED wired up in there it will be easy to see what's happening...