Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Communication issue? Grind noise, then position loss

David,

Are you using the ZZero clip and the ZZero plate? If not, try using the clip.

Paul Z

Is your z zero plate by chance touching ground while you are running? It needs to be isolated from ground so it doesn't give a false signal.
    Kenneth

ok, my zero plate and clip are isolated from the machine and eachother. The double circle light is not lit. Still getting proximity switch hit on the Y axis, roughly 9 - 13 inches into the Y axis. getting ready to move the Ground, i am positive i've moved it before.

EDIT- maybe i haven't moved it, both grounds are where they go according to the book, along with a white wire. I moved the two ground wires to the ground on the two blue blocks that have no other wires going to them. going to go test now.
    Last edited by Brett1970; 04-19-2012 at 09:32 PM.

ok, i did notice i where i moved the ground, one is on the input section ground, and one on the output section ground. Shouldn't matter in the box, a ground is a ground in there. Worked fine for C3 command to set X0 Y0 i ran C2 and used a 1" block of wood to set 0 above my sheet so i wouldn't actually be cutting.

Got the THUNK and it continued on after about 3 minutes of simulated cutting (vacuum on, spindle on, dust collector on.) about 1 minute later, Limit switch hit, no where near one again. Also went through the PC some more. Here's the processes i have running:

taskmgr.exe
    explorer.exe
    svchost.exe
    svchost.exe
    svchost.exe
    lsass.exe
    services.exe
    winlogon.exe
    crss.exe
    smss.exe
    system
    system idle process

I have verified the above with two IT guys, said the above are essential services.

No internet, no wireless, no other software than control software, no screensaver, no power saver, Usb hub with only shopbot on it. No mouse, no nothing else.

still baffled.

just for the hell of it, i'll go try the same thing with no vacuum and no dust collection. I'll even unplug them to make sure they are out of the loop.

ok, same test, breaker to spindle off, vacuum hold down off, and unplugged, dust collector off and unplugged. Got the Thunk and it continued on, then got the proximity switch hit again, no where near it.

you could unplug the sensors one at a time and run air test also. May have a bad one or a bad wire.
    Kenneth

It's done it in X Y and Z. Wouldn't explain the thunk. I can cut circles in the air, (50 of them, all over in different places), no thunk no stop hit. How bizarre is that?

ok, Big thanks to Frank and Chris @ shopbot. I am now running the new beta control software, and seems to have corrected the THUNK and also the false proximity switch hits. Ran 4 sheets with no issue. It also pockets small circles a little slower, but it isn't jerky acting as before, I got to say the beta software is extremely cool!