Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Find Active Ports

Default Cannot Find Active Ports

I got a new computer to run my PRSAlpha/4g and the new computer is running Windows 7. Downloaded the software version 3.6.44 and I get an error message "Cannot Find Active Ports". Any suggestions?

I hooked it back up to my old computer and it still works fine. According to that - the Control Box Firmware is Version 140. On the old computer I have also been running an IOGEAR UH-275 2.0 Hub. I tried to start with and without on the new computer and it didn't make any difference.

I have tried looking through all the forums and tried everything I know but cannot get it to run, I always get the same error message. Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

When you downloaded the new software did you download the same as your old computer? If not you have to update the firmware on your bot.

I down loaded the same software on both computers, the old computer which is running xp and has updated firmware, had to turn the control box off and back on to finish the download. On the new computer the preview mode works, but everything else I tried results in an error msg CAN NOT FINE ANY ACTIVE PORTS

Try restarting the computer, sometimes I have to restart my computer for it to see the bot. You may try changing the usb port or checking it with something else to make sure it works.

Have you tried all the USB ports on the new PC?

I've come across some new PC's where the drivers for the additional set of USB ports wasn't installed. The last one had NVidia based on the motherboard and another set that required NEC drivers.

Does your machine still use the USB to Serial adapter (IOgear) and if so, do you have the drivers for that installed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott

I have tried the machine in all of the USB ports and it didn't work but it recognizes my flash drive in all of the ports so I am assuming they work.

On my old slow computer I have been using the IOGear and it works with and without it on that. On my new computer, I did download the original disk I received from ShopBot for the IOGear and it has not made any difference. I have tried with and without it on the new computer as well and it still doesn't work. I am not sure if there is an updated disk I would need for Windows 7.

Thanks for your input.

I have a windows 7 laptop that will connect to my shopbot.

are your comm port settings correct ? is your new pc seeing the adapter ?

right click on computer icon then Manage then double click Device Manager
    see what shows under Ports .. hopefully you see your adapter .... I just checked mine 2001 prt com is set at 9600,8,none,1,none.

this is first think IO would check when not communicating ...

good luck

Kent

Along with shutting everything down (computer, control box, ect) I would go over to the circuit breaker that controls your bot and shut that down for a minute also. Your control box is a computer in and of itself and sometimes things get stuck in the memory which cause issues like this.

Go look on the shopbot website to see if there is a different version of firmware that runs windows7 as opposed to xp (I don't know). I'd then fire everything up and do a firmware update.

It sounds to me like it is not a physical issue but a software issue. You could also switch your usb cable into different receptacles on your machine to see if that might be an issue. I know that i alway plug it in to a specific port on my laptop and on occasion when i plug it into a different one, i get the error message that it can't find the bot.