Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: plans for my buddy table

No, I don't want to sell just bought them...ordered a 7.5 HP then was told it was 3 phase so the offered 2- 4hp for same price, heres the page.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...623707222.html

I think after looking confusingly at that site, I'll stick with ordering the 10 hp Fuji regen from the local mechanical supplier. At least that way I have an easy to obtain warranty ( no shipping) and someone local I can yell at in English if I have any issues .

I don't mind ordering stuff that I can fix myself if needed, directly from China. But something like this I personally want to have a local shop I can deal with if any issues arise. Just in case!

I'm pretty much set on the single 10 Hp blower. It should be great for my 16 sq foot cutting surface and still adequate for 4x8 if I ever decide to get a larger shopbot. Or I can get a second 10 Hp unit and run two independent zones.

I have enough room in my 3 phase panel yet.

Sorry I intruded, Andrew!
    I have lost my fears of ordering and using Chinese Equipment
    what few issue's I have had were dealt with in a very fair manner
    and time wise DHL from china is 3 days where anything stateside is 2 to 3 weeks.

No need to be sorry. It's good to have options. But I guess I don't have the guts to order something like that direct. The Fuji is made in China anyhow. That's not my point. I just like to deal with people that are closer is at all possible. The same reason all my equipment with the exception of the shopbot router came from Akhurst Machinery here in ontario. If I ever have any questions or issues they are easy to get a hold of and only 1.5 hrs by plane. . I'm actually going down soon for a day of training for my new edge bander.

I'm still scoping out used units but on the long run I think buying new is going to make me feel better. Costs more but I know what I'll get...

Did you already receive the units? And using them?

Quote Originally Posted by danhamm View Post
    No, I don't want to sell just bought them...ordered a 7.5 HP then was told it was 3 phase so the offered 2- 4hp for same price, heres the page.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...623707222.html
    Dan, I've been looking a vacuum pump for some time but had difficulty because of the 240VAC 50 Hz single phase requirement here. I could only find very expensive units in the thousands. I checked your link and emailed them. Single phase is only available up to 2.2kw otherwise need 3 phase.

Anyhow they can offer 2 x 2.2 KW Regen units for $660 each delivered. This us attractive but not sure if it will be adequate.

First of all.....is 2.2kw equivalent to what in Hp???

I also have a 4 x 4 buddy table and was looking to zone that in half.....above offered blower to each zone......would that do it?

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

I paid much less than that, I ordered from INtech, quite a few Items and there price was 790.00 for the 7.5 but exchanged for the 2- they said 4 hp
    but wattage wise its 3 hp, each.

Quote Originally Posted by danhamm View Post
    I paid much less than that, I ordered from INtech, quite a few Items and there price was 790.00 for the 7.5 but exchanged for the 2- they said 4 hp
    but wattage wise its 3 hp, each.
    Dan, I went to the link you posted......I thought that was who you dealt with? Who's INtech now....link?

I can't see a wattage but it is 240VAC drawing 9.7 (delta symbol) / 7.6Y. .....what ever that means?

I asked them specifically about a 4 Hp version and they said not available nor made for single phase 240V at 50 Hz. What is the model number of yours?

The one they quoted me is the JQT2200.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Simops View Post
    Dan, I went to the link you posted......I thought that was who you dealt with? Who's INtech now....link?

I can't see a wattage but it is 240VAC drawing 9.7 (delta symbol) / 7.6Y. .....what ever that means?

I asked them specifically about a 4 Hp version and they said not available nor made for single phase 240V at 50 Hz. What is the model number of yours?

The one they quoted me is the JQT2200.

Cheers
    Delta and wye are two ways to wire up a three phase motor. The three stator windings can be connected end to end with one leg of the feed connected to each junction. This draws more power but each winding sees full line voltage. Wye connects one leg of each stator winding together and then the legs of three phase to each end of the stator windings. This means two stator winding in series which equals reduced power and torque but less current.

Many three phase motors are started in wye and switched over to delta (either manually or more frequently today automatically with auto controls) to reduce the start up current and eliminate belt slippage on torquey motors.

All my new equipment uses timers and electronic controls to do this.
    In my previous shop all the motors had there position switches. Off, start up and run after the motor came up to speed.

Delta and wye are nothing to do with single phase motors.

Ok in that case I have no idea what the wattage is for the model they quoted.....which was the largest they could do in single phase. I can ask them.

Ta

This is one reason I would rather deal with someone here, who I know exactly what I am ordering (specs are clear and no ambiguity).

But then, I am not a gambling man