Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a minor SB request

John and the group, the really funny part of all this is I once owned a software company and I 'should' know about reading the 'manual' and I know about what the underline means on dialog displays. So what's so funny, well seems my crappy monitor that I use on my SB control computer is just that a crappy monitor and I can't see the underlines! On my design computer of course it is not hooked up to a SB so the 'keypad' dialog can't be displayed! And of course I also did NOT read the manual!

So here is the solution:
    1. use a good monitor
    2. read the manual
    3. use a good monitor
    4. See Number 2

Russ

Creative Solids, Fairfield Glade Tennessee

with the old dos program, when you pressed the arrow keys the bot moved continuously at the move speed. when you pressed cntrl and arrow the bot moved at the jog speed. how do you do that with the sb3 program? seems when i press the arrow keys the bot moves a set distance. really miss the old way
    don

Don,
    If you are using the keyboard, and not the mouse, the functionality of keyboard mode should be identical to that of DOS. Same keys do the same thing, except SB3 gives you more options, like being able to move on an angle etc. If you are only getting fixed movement, make sure you are not in Fixed mode on the keypad. The Fixed button will be depressed if it is active.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

[QUOTE=chiloquinruss;123462]For those that are wondering about ShopBot service and support how about my request, they already had it done I just didn't know it!

....What helps me a lot sometimes is to simply say....

Pardon me (SB) I made a mistake... and if you have never made one, you cannot possibly know how I feel...
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Learned alot here...

Is there any way to set (as a preference?) to have as default when using the keypad to move at jog speed?