Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopbot "Ready-To-Go Projects"

Default Shopbot "Ready-To-Go Projects"

I found these ready-to-go projects on the Shopbot website.

http://www.shopbottools.com/mSupport/projects.htm

The zipped files contain the crv files. I get an error code 102 when I try to open these up in Aspire 2.5. The error message says that "file was written by version PartWorks 3.091". I assume that if I had Aspire 3.0 that these files would open, correct?

Thanks.

Some of them are the Vectric monthly project files that only work with the very latest version of Aspire/VCarve/Partworks.

In this case you would need VCarve 6.5 (or the Partworks equivalent) or Aspire 3.5 I would think.

Is there a way to open these in ArtCAM?

No. They are for Vectric customers only.

Daren

There is a DFX file in the download package of the ones I tried. Will ArtCam import those?

Steve

I had no problem importing the DXF files into ArtCAM.

You are right, AC does import DXF files. But it looks like the projects from Vectric's site do not have DXFs & I can't open any of those files. Thanks guys.

Hello All,

The free monthly projects are generously sponsored by both ShopBot and Vectric for the enjoyment of their customers. I try to alternate VCarvePro/PartWorks-compatible projects with the Aspire-compatible projects every other month.

The reason why generic DXF files are not provided for any of the free projects sponsored by ShopBot and Vectric is the projects are intended exclusively for ShopBot software and Vectric software owners.

It is worthy to note that you need to be using the most current versions of the software to assure you can run all of the free projects as we move forward with upgraded features and improvements to the software. Whatever the most current version of the software is, that's what I use when designing and creating the projects. (For clarity, I make a note on the PDF instructions what software version is required to run a particular project - i.e., earlier projects notate earlier software version requirements...later projects notate later software version requirements.)

I strive to make the projects fun and interesting, and sincerely hope you are enjoying them!

Hello Michael,

As a non-CNC operator prior to purchasing my used Shopbot, I've been struggling - I imagine like everyone else did when they first started - to get my head wrapped around all of the different aspects of this very versatile tool & all of its associated information. When I recently stumbled on these project files I was really pleased that Shopbot (and Vectric) had once again provided such a great way for us newbies to better understand how experienced users think by allowing me to see the bits, toolpaths & procedures they used.

Because I am the owner of an older machine however, I am also the owner of an old version of Partworks, which I never installed. How would you suggest I look at & learn from these files if I can't read them? I was simply asking if it is possible (for a novice user like myself who may not understand how to do it) to see the thought processes in these files by using my CAM software package. Maybe someday I will own a newer version of Partworks or Vectric, but until I better understand what I can do with what I have, I won't be spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on more software that I may or may not even need.

This forum - moreover, it's friendly & helpful members - are a great resource & an important reason why I chose to buy a Shopbot. So even though I cannot see the toolpaths created by you, they continued to try to offer me assistance in whatever way they can. Thank you.

Daren
    Your older version of PartWorks is upgradeable to newer versions... please don't forget that Vectric is a company completely separate from ShopBot, profit is their motive (as is ShopBot's). If you up grade to a newer version they have succeeded in their purpose for sponsoring the projects... There are plenty of projects available in any format you need... the glitzy new ones from Vectric are pretty and well presented, but not the only thing out there. Let us/me know the type of beginner project you are interested in and I/we will point the way or post something of our own.

Hang in there and don't get frustrated! In a few years you'll be the one giving advice.

SG