Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From Da' Train Guy

Default From Da' Train Guy

Latest project, first time trying to do real miniatures. The man door for the building is 1 1/2 inches tall.

3mm Sentra, Beckwith 1/16th tapered ball nose, model of Chama Oil House, Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad, Chama , New Mexico. Windows were not done on the bot, they are laser cuts. Russ

Very nicely done!!!
    Vector Studio 22

Nice job Russ,

Was the whole thing made of sintra or some made of plywood,mdf??? Looks like you have a really big shop there Mr.

Rik

Thumbs up

Awsome job Russ!

Yes its all sentra. The best part of sentra other than how great it machines is that you can use pvc cement to glue it together! Model plastic cement cost a lot and a big can of pvc pipe cement goes a loooooong way!

Thanks for the nice comments. You folks all do such terrific stuff, I just make big toys. The shop is the fullfillment of a life long dream. It is a 40x50 shop, located on the river, in rural southern Oregon, and I have a ShopBot, what's not to like! Russ

Russ,
    What i don't get is why you make such small models in such a big shop!
    Another Russ-ter-piece!

Good on ya Russ!

Love that shop too.

Joe Crumley
    www.normansignco.com

Nice shop, Russ! - and nice models!

Got any shots of a whole train layout that you did? I've still got my Lionel trains packed up from when I was a kid. They're from the 40s...One of these days I'll set them up to run around the Christmas tree - although a HUGE platform would be really fun if I had time for that!

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Hello hello hello, pass me a Clamp clamp clamp. The shop is large enough to have an echo. Nice shop, how do you heat that?

Rik

"how do you heat that?" With a lot of propane! I'm having a wood stove built and installed so that should help a lot. I find I'm getting to be temperature tolerant! If I can't see my breath then its ok to work in the shop! LOL Seriously, if I'm working on a big project then the breath test works otherwise its chilly out der'!

I've seen lots of pix of your shops and I have visited quite a few, so I appreciate the comments coming from you folks, thank you very much.

Before retireing and having my dream shop I used to have a side business as a commercial layout builder. We used to build em' the ol' fashioned way with jig saws, skilsaws, old fashioned screwdrivers, etc,. The layout I'm helping build with a friend is nothing like the old days! It's about 75% done in Aspire and on da' bot! Russ

Please excuse the poor pix but it shows how the braces work for the second deck.