Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Step Tables-Side Tables

Quote Originally Posted by danhamm View Post
    Couple of little tables fun and easy to make, thanks Dave...
    Dan,
    I also would like a copy.
    Thanks for your trouble.

George

gdk3661@gmail.com

I recieved a email, saying it doesn't work: a little bit of logic here..

The file consists of 1 side and 1 top, the process is: carve one side then flip it and carve that side...1 piece carved both sides..you only have to carve one side on the top..(grinning)..

to attach the top to the table..use your own imagination...I used 2 "H" pieces attached to the inside of the side piece then attached to the top.

hope this helps...about 30 fellers asked for this file...so far.. for those asking for the aztec top, apparently there is a better one on the vetric forum..

Wow Dan,

You really hit it big on this one, if you would have charged .50 cents for each time you sent the file out you would be drinking one of 12 premium cold beers!!!!

Nice tables, I like them.

Rik

Hot wine, its still pretty chilly around here..thanks Rick...

The first time I saw an Aztec calendar given away all layed out for v carving was on the Artcam Forum around 6 years ago. I haven't compared them but I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same one going around and around. I carved one in mdf as a tryout with the idea of carving it in Corian for the back patio and it came out very nice (42" D) but the wife decided that she didn't want to deal with the texture and keeping it clean or the moisture buildup under a piece of glass.

Quote Originally Posted by bleeth View Post
    The first time I saw an Aztec calendar given away all layed out for v carving was on the Artcam Forum around 6 years ago. .... idea of carving it in Corian for the back patio and it came out very nice (42" D) but the wife decided that she didn't want to deal with the texture and keeping it clean or the moisture buildup under a piece of glass.
    Actually, I think that this year, there might be an increased interest in using the V-carved calendar as a wall hanging (especially if you encrypt the message "Expires on December 21 MMXII" around the circumference).

Possibly someone might pay big bucks for one if it was painted in bright colors, like you see when you Google for Myan or Aztec Calendar images.

I am working on making 3D shapes from the vectors (Using Aspire) to create a low Bass Relief carving. There are over 8000 vectors in the calendar.

George
    Last edited by ironsides; 03-07-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Added using Aspire comment

Well the Aztec design has a pretty limited design life since the world is going to end in 2012
    I wouldn't work on a production run for 2013

You guys are confusing the Mayans and the Aztecs. Two different cultures, two different calendars...
    http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/mayan-...calendars.html
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Yes, I have carved both the mayan and the aztec..I carved the 3d version a couple of weeks ago.
    The pic isn't a very good quality... and I carved it small about 14 inches..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does anyone have the vectors for the Mayan calendar? I have the Aztec one but would love to cut the Mayan. Email it to me if you have it. Thank you

John