Thread: incorrect setup

Default incorrect setup

I have a 2006 PRT Alpha. I had the current version of the SB software running fine until I switched computers. When I go under tools and use the setup shop bot it shows that my tool is a PRS Alpha. I went into the utilities to reset and reload the correct PRT defaults but when I go to set up the change is never reflected. I tried deleting and reloading the software, but it has not helped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW I am running windows 7 pro if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Call Frank at SHopBot. He will have you set up in no time. Probably need to go in and delete a file--- but ask their Tech Support people ( Frank, et al)

This should get you fixed RIGHT and FASTEST!

MGM

I spoke to Frank today and the issue seems to be when the values for the x and y axis are input for the alpha 7.2 motors the software automatically defaults for the PRS and if I change the prox switches for the PRT it still can't run a c3 command. I tried to load the software for a prt alpha with standard motors and the software shows a prt alpha in the setup. When I manually change the x and y values for the 7.2 motors it reverts the setup to PRS. Does anyone have a work around ? I think I will end up having to get the PRS style prox switches. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks

You could edit the XYZero file directly so that it doesn't get the switchtype from the system variable.

Delete the shopbot .ini files and then restart the control software .enter your unit values for the new motors , and then run the setup routine and find the right setup for the machine . Make sure you have you x and y axis at your 0 ,0 location before you delete the ini files .check the unit values after that to make sure they are right.

There is a way in the software to tell it if you have normally open or closed limit switches the alpha ones are normally open and the prs ones are normally closed .
    I hope this is what your looking for .

Thank you for your replies. I tried what stephan suggested and it did not work. How do I do what Adrian suggested?

You may also need to update the firmware

Default fixed

Thanks for the help. I modified the code for the routine and it is working well.