Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: great prices on onsrud bits

Default great prices on onsrud bits

I found this seller and he has great prices. a bit limited on what he carries but the prices are great. I bought downcut 1/2" bits for 14.00 1.65" straight bits for 5.00 He changed to buy it now so you don't even have to compete. Plus free shipping.

http://myworld.ebay.com/onsrudcutter...id=p4340.l2559

These are great prices.

Just ordered 10 of the 1/4" two-flute down cut spiral bits for a large sign lettering job coming up.

Thanks for the headsup Steve!!!
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Have you looked into whether they are legit?
    Michael Schwartz - Waitsfield VT
    Shopbot prs standard 48x96. Aspire. SB Link.

Sure looks legit - check out the feedback, and how long they have been a member, etc.

But, as many US sellers, they dont want to deal to Canada.

Those prices are pretty good.

AJC

I am also going to order some of the 1/4" down spirals. Might also grab one of the 1/2" spirals but they describe them as both a "12mm shank" and .500.

I am buying a couple of saw blades too.

Beckwith Decor Products, Derby/Wichita KS

I just looked at the list. although some of the numbers are an Onsrud number most are numbers not in use by Onsrud they are vacant numbers left for future tools. so hard telling whats legit and whats counterfeit.

The HSS tools listed looked about correct as with some SC, the only way to really be sure is by the SO #
    For those that ordered some you can verify the SO # on the shank to confirm if they are legit, but $80 for a $360 tool.......just a little suspicious

heres an example he advertises a 48-065 1/2" single edge carbide tip 2.75 oal The Onsrud tool is actually the 48-069 for the 1/2 Single flute Carbide tipped and is 3" oal
    quite a number of discrepancies, so you might verify that your getting true Onsrud tooling
    Gary
    Last edited by garyb; 03-03-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA
    Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor

I found a post by the seller on another forum, and he describes himself as an Onsrud Rep. (scroll down to post 16)

http://www.routerforums.com/router-b...reakers-2.html

Beckwith Decor Products, Derby/Wichita KS

That post is by Fred Phillips the inside sales manager at Onsrud, if its him selling them then they will be legit. they maybe overruns etc but would definitely be good pricing, I will have to ask him about the numbers on Monday
    Gary

Edit: Just put a call in on these and they are legit Onsrud tooling which are discontinued or special run tools that are no longer available or produced therefore some are on old numbers which had been discontinued. So this clarifies the odd ball numbers and difference in sizes as compared to the catalog.
    Last edited by garyb; 03-03-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA
    Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor

I bought a 10" thin kerf combination blade, 10" glue line rip, and 12" 96t full kerf miter saw blade. All three cost less than I paid locally for the Tenyru silencer blade I have on my miter saw, which isn't that great of a blade.

I also ordered a pair of the 1/4" down sprial bits which according to the product number have a geometry for soft wood in a listing I found on another site.
    I will have to see how they cut, but for $7.00 I will take a chance. Worst case scenario I will save them for when I want to cut a bunch of OSB.

I ordered one of the 1/2" chip breaker/finish end mills to try. Not a size I use too much but for the price its worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by michael_schwartz View Post
    Have you looked into whether they are legit?
    The markings look like other onsrud bits I have and they work great. I have bought a lot of bits and blades from him. The bits cut very well and seem sharper then most. Cheaper bits are never that sharp. So far I have used a 1/4" downcut 1/2" downcut and the sawblades and all cut well. I got a auto message today and the email was from onsrud.com The person is nice and fixed it when I ordered the wrong saw blade. I think I have had at least 10 packages from the seller so far. Now if he jsut had some 1/8" and 5/32 I would be set.