Thread: 110 or 220 power to controller?

Default 110 or 220 power to controller?

I have just finished assembling the PRS Standard 96-48-6 with a 2.2hp spindle, the spindle was wired for single phase 220v, regarding the controller, the assembly manual says "...tool plugs into110v/15a or (or 220V international) circuit." The wiring diagram shows 220V....so which is it?

US Controllers are made for 115/120v 15amp service.

Thanks Dave,
    Yesterday the tech at SB wrote me an email, said that each was different and to refer to wiring diagram that was specific to "My" machine.. it was labeled for 220V so the electrician wired it accordingly. Today I hooked it up with the SB3 software and got it to "air cut" but then tried to get spindle to run and it was a no go...any ideas? The VFD displays "oPE10"...operator programming error and I have not done any programming ...at least yet.

Hmm - interesting error code, as it implies that certain parameters aren't set correctly in the VFD - some of which concern input voltage and frequency. You could try resetting the error, and see if it comes back up.
    I've got all the programming inputs for the Yawsaka VFD for my PRS Alpha setup for the single phase 2.2 HSD. It may be of some help, if you don't have it.
    Ron Sloan

Thanks Ron, I have spoken with SB techs and they felt the parameters were off....I did set all the ones they sent this morning and did get rid of error message but still cannot get the spindle to turn...not even on Lo/Re. When I do attempt I hear a faint high frequency sound but no movement. I would call my electrician back but do not think they are too familiar with the controller.

Hey since you have the same spindle let me ask you if you have to do the warm-up before it will engage?

Thanks