Thread: Location for clipart

Default Location for clipart

I just recently purchased the full version of Aspire. Where does the program expect to find clipart? I would like to just load the artwork I have in to the file if I can.

As far as I can tell there is no 'right' place to put clip art that you might use in Aspire. The program uses standard WinDoze file open dialogs that allow you to get files from anywhere. For your own sanity you might have a place on your design computer where you store some clipart but like I said that is not a requirement of the software. If you are web surfing looking for clipart I always look for 'vector' clip art or 'vector' designs. Having said that Aspire will easily let you convert just about anything! Great software, great company. Russ

I presume you mean the clipart tab within Aspire?

Once you've navigated to the area where your clipart is stored the setting will be remembered for the next time you start the Aspire and the clipart tab will already be in the right location.

What the right location is is down to your preferences. I tend to have a top level folder for all clipart with sub-folders under that for subjects. There's lots of duplication between those folders but disk space is cheap and my time isn't!

I simply created a new folder under "Libraries" and all my Aspire stuff is stored there. Easy access.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

I used to use the libraries in Windows but the inability to be able to set different views for the folders within a library really irritated me in the end.

Hopefully it's something MS will fix at some point as a lot of people don't use libraries because of that "feature".

Hopefully it's something MS will fix at some point as a lot of people don't use libraries because of that "feature".
    I wouldn't count on it. Have you tried the consumer preview of Windows 8?! Won't be surprised if it it turns out to be another 'Vista'.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by adrianm View Post
    I used to use the libraries in Windows but the inability to be able to set different views for the folders within a library really irritated me in the end.

Unless i'm missing something, I don't understand how you can't change the folder views when either importing or opening in Vectric's or any other software. I just looked into my trial version of Aspire and in win7 and there's no issues on my end.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't always indulge in evil scientific research...but when i do. I make the parts on a ShopBot.

Quote Originally Posted by CNYDWW View Post
    Unless i'm missing something, I don't understand how you can't change the folder views when either importing or opening in Vectric's or any other software. I just looked into my trial version of Aspire and in win7 and there's no issues on my end.
    I'm talking about explorer views rather than open/save dialog views.

If you have two or more folders in a library and you set them to different views when you access them by the library link you lose the views.

I like to have some of my folders within my working folders set to very large icons, some to large, some to detail view etc.

That's just not possible if you access them via a library rather than the traditional folder views.

What I did in the end was to modify the default Places bar (left part of the open/save dialog) so that it points to my work folders and a folder with shortcuts to the others I don't use quite as much. That gives me the fast access of a library without the views hassle.
    Last edited by adrianm; 04-09-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Ahh ok. I got a bit confused when i tried to recreate the issue mentioned.

Regards
    Randy
    I don't always indulge in evil scientific research...but when i do. I make the parts on a ShopBot.