Thread: Looking for CNC trainer

Default Looking for CNC trainer

Hello All,

We have a CNC industrial router (Precix Sierra) we bought for ice carving and BobCAD software that came with it.

We're looking for someone to train 2 people on how to use it.

We're in the Philadelphia area (near Upper Darby). Hope this forum is OK to post to.

Tom,
    Philly is in my back yard...But I don't think that you are going to find anyone here with the qualifications to train you on your system given the hardware and software combination.

My recommendation would be to invest in Vectric V-Carve Pro or Aspire and go through their excellent tutorials and examples. Once you have done this you have the Vectric forum to ask questions of fellow users. I train professionally, and think that if you invest in the Vectric software, you may not even need any training at your shop.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Free trial version here. Free tutorials. http://www.vectric.com/ I don't think you can locate many BobCAD CNC people.... But I think they hang out with the "Microsoft Bob" people.
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

I second Brady's recommendations. I've had bobcra..bobcad. Nothing but issues upon issues. Last update of my version produced G code with more errors and was completely worthless. I was told I'd have to pay for a year of tech support and or a new version to get it resolved. What vectric products i do have i can say they're top notch.

Regards
    Randy.

I agree. When I bought my machine the dealer gave me a free copy of Bob-Cad a 2100 value. It's value to me was worthless. I spent and hour with it and could not do anything with it. I bought v-carve pro 6 and was drawing and cutting in 30 minutes as a newbie. I suggest throwing away Bob-Cad and buying a vetric product, the money you spend will come baack with the first job you cut.

Smile

Thanks everybody !

Tom has his answer and this thread is being closed. Thanks for the calm posts.