Thread: Been Having a blast!

Default Been Having a blast!

After a lot of long hours i've finally got my PRT tuned and ready to go. I have to admit i would've rather just ordered a new control box from SB but not in the budget. For months after i got the machine, i could only manually enter in code and do simple, straight dado and rabbit cuts. With mach three and the G540 running on the original 44v power supply, i'm rather astounded with the quality and performance. I haven't hit the wall where i'm loosing steps yet and i've been cutting up to 300 Ipm(5ips) without issue. Ok, enough of that i've been playing. Functional and not so functional. Cam clamps, monster push sticks and a little 3d test a friend of mine sent with my feeds and speeds. 21" dia rosette.

Regards
    Randy

P.S. Included the DXF for the push stick. It's been modified from the ones i cut with less of a bump on the top of the handle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've needed a pushstick for a while but never think of it till i'm in front of the tablesaw, then usually just grab a scrap to push with so this will come in handy, thanks

Randy,

Congratulation on you success. Nice work and the push stick looks comfortable to use. I will download your file and try it out, Thank you.

Terry

Randy,

Congratulation on your success. Nice work and the push stick looks comfortable to use. I will download your file and try it out, Thank you.

Terry

I've had requests for the cam clamps as well. So here you go. Another thing, they're very easy to design. All you really need to worry about is offsetting the center hole in the head towards the handle and you've got a cam. I've offset these 1/8" for my own use.

Regards
    Randy
    Attached Files Attached Files

4ft long wrench anyone? I managed to get some decent tool paths out of my version of bobcad. Still had some issues but it worked out ok. Original stl from sketchup. Also a small pvc sign.

Regards
    Randy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't always indulge in evil scientific research...but when i do. I make the parts on a ShopBot.

That looks great! It would make a nice advertising piece for Craftsman or Kolbalt tools.

Fun stuff! Keep it up - you never know what it will lead to.

It takes some big nuts to use a wrench like that...

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Thanks guys, it is appreciated. My old machine which cost more then the bot at this point. Could never get this kind of end result. I milled the wrench 3D at the old machine's rt speed. Even then the thing would bind. I do want to say that the wrench itself would have been faster in 2D but the whole purpose is to run the machine through it's paces. I used a 1 1/8" box core bit i normally use for inletting rifle stocks for the barrel channel.

Regards
    Randy
    I don't always indulge in evil scientific research...but when i do. I make the parts on a ShopBot.