I reinstalled ecabinets today, and I my plan is to at least give it a serious try. I have subscribed to the training videos, and plan to watch them over the next couple of days.

I am really considering purchasing the SB link, but I plan to spend some time working with the software first.

Of course one of my concerns are the numerous reports of bugs, and various issues. I have seen that there have been improvements over time. How is the current version in this regard. I don't mind working around a couple of minor problems from time to time, but I also want to get up and running quickly without having to learn what works, and what doesn't.

Second of all I understand the primary focus of E-Cabinets is, cabinetry, and casework. I am wondering how practical it is to go beyond the modification of standard cabinet boxes, and assemblies included in the library, and create designs from scratch, while retaining many the full benefits of the software. Specifically in terms of custom casework, or even furniture.

Overall for the price, it seems like the SB link, is something I can't afford to not have. I am not about to spend $20k for the alternatives.

I drew a simple bookcase with blind dado construction, adjustable shelves, and a 1/4" dadoed back in about 5 minutes. I would plan on spending at least 1/2 a day drawing the same thing in aspire. I am really impressed by the automation.