Thread: Last Day and Laser Scan of Coin

Default Last Day and Laser Scan of Coin

This is my last day picture with one of foreign friend...I enjoyed the maintenance of my Fertilizer Plant.. Daily 14 Hrs work for 16 days without rest days It was a tough schedule..... Almost 1000 Jobs carried out in one of my Area (Ammonia manufacturing complex).. I was the incharge of Ammonia Complex..

We enjoyed the Cake cutting ceremony when we got first PRILL of Urea from Prilling Tower..

The scanning of coin is the best test to define the integrity, precision of any laser scanning system... I saw guys targeting laser on 1 Euro Coin.. This time i scan my country currency almost equal in diameter of 1 Euro Coin.. I coated it with talcum powder so the smudge effect on the letters can be seen evident..

It still need further tweaking of my scanning setup..I hope in coming days i will able to do 360 degree scan with my CNC turntable..currently i am driving my laser with stepper motor with a resolution of 16000lines...

47536.jpg

47537.jpg

47538.jpg

47539.jpg

Khalid, you have been busy! I wondered where you had been. The coin scan looks good. I've heard that "foot spray" can also be used to add a fine layer of power to make laser scanning easier. Apparently it's a trade secret, so don't tell anyone...

Paul

Thanks Paul... I have to search for Foot Spray ;)... However, In my field we are using Dye Penetrant Testing on weld joint...Their we use DEVELOPER that spray very fine white particles... Next time i will use it and will see how the results can be improved...

When something went 'Trade Secret', the new guys evolve new technologies.. Lets cross the fingers...

Does the camera quality come in to play here?

Richard

Richard.. You are right the best camera will show the best results and vice versa..

If i use Firewire CCD philps camera 811,58 EUR, my results will be astounding... The same is true for laser.. If i use Focusable green line laser 178,50 EUR the results will be fine..

But having the low cost camera (70 US dollars) and 16 Dollars Green Laser my results somehow match to the above mentioned high cost solutions... If i have a CCD camera and good laser i would be able to scan bacterias and viruses ;)

I wonder if the green laser pointer can be focused? Some can not be taken apart to reach the lens, but others can. I have found that one of my red line laser projectors can be focused. (Projector is big word for laser pointer without a fancy pen/holder.)

Paul

Default Time Passes Quality comes into Play

Here is the coin scan with latest development in hardware-software hand-shacking...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I left woodwork due to office work.