Thread: Simple Cut Letters

Default Simple Cut Letters

A friend of mine wanted some letters cut out of 3/4" Plywood for his business. He painted and installed the letters himself. Letters spelled out "Kitchens & Bath"
    3' Tall letters took 3 1/2 sheets. He supplied the material.
    3.5 inches per second with 1/4" Upspirial bit.
    I have been borrowing his Delta Dust Collector for the last few years. We made a deal, I cut the letters in trade for the dust collector. Was a sweet deal for me. I had about 5 hours in the job laying out and cutting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like your "Shower stall" setup, does that help with dust getting all over?

It sounded like a good deal for you. You would have had to work longer for the cash to go by the dust collector so I like barter deals where both people come out winning.

Thanks Jack,
    Yes the shower curtain does help a lot. The idea was my Dad's when he saw the small room I made for the Bot. At first I laughed, then I thought????

Went to the Dollar store for 2 curtains and hooks. Grabbed a piece of PVC I had laying around and we put it up and has been great. The dust collector does a great job, (big upgrade from the shopvac I used to use) but of course doesnt get everything. The curtain keeps the fine dust from going all over the garage, and when the garage is open it hids the machine. My wife was very happy, now we dont track saw dust into the house everytime I run the machine....

I have plans to move the Bot to the new shop I am renting, just havent had time to move the machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images