Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full Time, Part time?

Sugeri Inc., Crystal Beach Ontario Canada

Dibond!

What is it like to cut? Does it require compressed air spray or a liquid lubricant to cut the stuff? Any feed / speed ideas for a PRT with a 3 1/4hp router? What type of bits? Any info would be aprreciated.

I've never used it but it looks like nifty stuff for signs!

Gary

ThingsWood, 105 Keystone Court, Thunder Bay Ontario, P7C 2E6

Dibond comes in two thicknesses, 3mm and 4mm in almost a dozen colours. It is 48" x 96" and 48" x 120" in size. Cuts like butter. No lubricant or air spray. Cuts easily with standard cnc bit, the bigger the better the cut. I usually use a Onsrud upcut 52-936 or 52-910 or downcut 57-910 or 57-936 at 1.7"/sec. It is distributed by EM Plastics here in Canada.
    EM Plastics Dibond
    Hope this helps.

Jay,

What kind of bit do you use to cut gatorboard?

Jay

ThingsWood, 105 Keystone Court, Thunder Bay Ontario, P7C 2E6

I have used the same bits as in the previous post.

Sugeri Inc., Crystal Beach Ontario Canada

It's nice to be able to have a starting point when using new material, especially aluminium (aluminum) which I have satyed away from.

Thanks for the advice!

Gary

It's been about the second or third time I read this thread and it has givin' me some very useful hints.
    Even if I did'nt started it; thanks to all for detailled informations!

December was encouraging but january is a p'etty boring month (for me); almost no jobs!... in fact only one that is samples... though for what look like a quite interesting bid (10 000 parts minimum a month year long!)... But this got me a chance to develop and improve some aspects of my buisness; time you wishing for to have when you are deep into... testing this and that...
    I have spent many hours findings new customers to contact; e-mailing services offer, making phone calls... Woodworkers and furniture makers are, to me, the most hard to convice... I will focus now on some other niches like thoses suggest before...

I have a simple question though; what is a shopfitter? (I'm mainly french...) Dictionary have a definition for "shop" and for "fitter" but... should I combine?! I made a guess that it's professional who install new shop... some kind of maintenance professionals for shops...
    Hope I don't sound too silly... 8-D

When you walk into a shop, you see:
    -stock (the stuff that is for sale)
    -people
    -the building (walls, doors, windows)
    -and then you see the really interesting stuff. A lot of it. That the "Shopfitter" designs, produces and installs = shelves, counters, décor. Visit your shopping mall and take a new look at what is inside of it.

In other words, the shopfitter is the "furniture" producer for the shop. A Google on shopfitters

Well thanks!

Well that day is closer than I thought. Corporate America is pushing me out the door...basically telling me step it up or step out...every year they want more, more, more for the same money. My boss just told me that if you can't do your job as well as everyone elses, that they are replacing, you will fail and be a failure...nice huh? By the way this company has over 100K employee's, they profit over 10 Billion a quarter and are not on the top one hundred places to work...actually they have one of the highest heart attack and suicide rates for corporate america, while their shareholders and board members dance to the bank. I know myself my health has gone in the crapper in the last 2 years due to stress and lack of sleep. They have been steadily replacing people with automation for the last 5 years. Well you can only ask so much of a man...right? OK, so here I am again asking about starting you own shopbot based business Anyone have any advice on how to get it going? I live in a large metropolitan area. I just don't where to start...any advice from you Shopbotters would be great.

Hi John!

First, don't get fouled into thinking that starting your own buisnees is'nt stressfull... just different... healthy kinda stress is you ask me!
    10993.gif

I've read jdrguitar in your e-mail adress; what about the guitar part?!
    10994.gif... maybe I'm way off here and it's part of your/a name...

How are you doing so far with your tool? What have you done with it since you first got it?

I'd say that you might have quite of a background as to how a buisness should be run (from your actual (previous?) employment... what do you think?! What are your major concerns about astarting on your own?

Regarding your last question; it all start with an idea... and a spark!