Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercer,WI Camp Shopbot !

Default Mercer,WI Camp Shopbot !

To avoid any further potential confusion with the "Upper Mid West Camp"we're going to call this event the Mercer, WI Camp. It will be held on Saturday, Sept. 29th at the shop of David McNutt - Info regarding the Camp and signups will follow in the next few days/weeks. Here is Davids web page-
    www.mcnuttgroupinc.com

"Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Sign me up Doc!

I look forward to another camp and seeing David's shop.
    Eric Erickson
    Shopbot BT48 Buddy

Eric,
    Will do. David's new shop is huge, and he's got a LOT going on with the business.

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

This is great. I/we will be there even though it is the last day of the trout fishing season.
    Bob

Bob,
    The Camps usually run from 9-4 so you might still be able to sneak in some fishing...See you there...

Thumbs up Mercer, WI Camp

I look forward in hoisting my first camp, and meeting everyone. We built a new shop the fall of 2010 which has 3400 sq/ft of shop space and about 1000 ft of office and display area. The shop part of my business is called Turtle River Millwork and we build mainly custom millwork which consists of entry doors, interior doors and screen doors. Also cabinets and rustic paneling and trim packages. We use our ShopBot for cutting parts and carving 3D models into some of our projects. Depending on what everyone wishes to do I would hoist a cookout ether Friday night before or Saturday. There is allot of other things to do in the mercer area and great places to stay so I would suggest to come and spend a weekend and enjoy our great area. Look forward in meeting everyone!
    David McNutt
    Wisconsin

http://www.wooden-craft-design.com

I wonder are you located right in the town of Mercer off US HWY 51? I was unable to locate your Parkway Drive address on yahoo maps. Looks like about a 10 hour drive from my home in Winnipeg, Manitoba so is certainly doable for a weekend trip. Are there camping areas closeby suitable for a small campers? Should still be comfortable camping wx in late Sept.

gerald

September is around the corner for me. I vote for a Friday afternoon tour of Bob's shop and a Friday night barbecue. Let me know if you need anything from down south here in Gleason. I would like to see the 3D carving, tooling, and production proceedures/equipment for making glue-ups if possible.
    Bob Moore

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the Shopbot community and am interested in networking with fellow shopbotters...What exactly are these camp shopbot things and what part of Wisconsin is Mercer in?
    Nate Sirek

Operations Manager;
    Shop Fabrication Manager
    House Partners Inc.
    West Saint Paul, MN

Shopbot 48 x 96 PRT Alpha
    220v 18000 RPM HSD Spindle
    4 Zone Vacuum Table, 7hp Spencer Re-Gen Blower
    Cabinet Parts Pro

10 Years Experience in a cabinet and counter top fabrication shop. CNC Newbie.

Nate,
    You might want to take a peek at THIS thread- http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15563
    As far as Mercer's location there are a number of web based mapping programs that should be able to find it for you.