Thread: modern masters gold

Default modern masters gold

this to me, looks just like we had gold leafed this sign.
    i have gold leafed several, and i like this just as well. they say it will be fine outdoors. thats good because thats where my signs are going.

the paint is thick enough to do raised text with and not have it run down the edges. i like that.

a little paint goes along way too.
    your clients will think you gold leafed their sign. i wouldn't tell one i did, but it will have that much impact. as you may tell, i'm hooked on it.

thank you joe crumley for turning me on to this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is really nice Robert....it's like you have a Joe Crumley Forgery there.
    I'm glad he shared that tip with you.

So I guess the old saying applies here:
    "Even old dogs can teach new tricks...."...that is the way it goes right?
    i wish i had the signmaking talent Joe has in just his pinky, i'd be way ahead

Robert - Excellent sign! Did you use a bitmap image to create the texture? Was this done in Aspire? I really like the detail around the edges of the sign. Was this done by hand?

Robert, Nice job on the sign. Like the muted green as a background for the lettering.

I looked up the gold paint you mentioned but, they list several different versions. Which one is it? I Sure would like to try it out. Anything is better than the One Shot Gold.

Bill T

modern masters me194
    the wood panel is a bitmap.

you can do these in photoshop.

at our last camp, jamie oxenham showed how to make this in photoshop using a very simple process. he has this process detailed in his blog.
    you use the lasso tool and the brush tool.

then you save it and bring it into aspire 3d. with practice, you can do other styles of texture as well.
    his website is www.oxenhamdesign.com and has a link to his blog.
    he gave this wood panel file away to everyone that was here, a nice touch, and he went step by step how he did the entire panel. here is a pic of the one he built. his has text done with rubbed on copper powder. it shines in the sun like crazy. another thing jamie and jody taught.

there was alot of dremel work on the edges. i like to spruce my signs up now with the dremel. like joes says all the time - "i've never seen a sign that didn't look better with a chisel taken to it"

he's right of course, so i listen to him. what a treat it was to meet him. he stayed in my home for a few nights, it was surreal seeing him walk thru my home. like a dream really. he was very nice and actually a softie. yes i said softie. thats probably got some of you shakin' your heads!!!

thanks
    rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Robert - Thanks for the good info. Can you post a link to the blog? I tried and could not find it on the website.

Thanks