Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bat houses should be free...

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

This sounds like someone pulling a prank call. Dont be suprised if you hear it on the radio

If it was a prank I'd feel better. If they put it on the radio that's fine so long as they say our name and website :-)

/RB

Call him back and tell him to send you his bats and you'll make sure that they get a good home

My understanding is the government will provide housing to certain undocumented Juvenal bats born in the USA who can document that their parents were born in another country. Have the caller ask the kind folks at the INS if their specific aged bats may qualify for government assistance. Suggest the caller refer to their web site for more information: http://www.immigrationdirect.com/ Also you could inform the caller that his representative would be happy to assist, the phone number for the house of representatives is (202) 224-3121. Perhaps the caller would like to have the bats make their own phone call? Should the caller wish to suggest a serious push for The Affordable Bat House Act of 2012 they might wish to call: 202-456-1414 (The White House switchboard). Civic minded eh? D
    "The best thing about building something new is either you succeed or learn something. Its a win-win situation."

--Greg Westbrook

You should have told him everyone has to have a bat house or pay a penalty. That is how they fund the program, but the penalty is more than the bat house.
    Dan

I once had a customer email me, asking for the instructions on how to make the Pyramid shaped cribbage board I manufacture. He couldn't figure out how I cut the angle for the edges, since his table saw would not go to that angle. I politely thanked him for the compliment on wanting to copy my product, and then asked him when he last asked a company (say like COCA COLA) for their formula. I haven't heard a word from him since. Some people don't get the fact that you are doing what you do as a business.
    I just had a customer ask for a quote and pictures of a sign for their home. When I gave them the price, they said it was to much, but at the same time were asking for more examples that would require even greater detailed work. Da

I admire the people that deal with end users. Business to Business seems to have fewer calls like the one Harry experienced.
    - Randall Newcomb
    10 fingers in, 10 fingers out
    another good day in the shop

Quote Originally Posted by rcnewcomb View Post
    I admire the people that deal with end users. Business to Business seems to have fewer calls like the one Harry experienced.
    Being in business wouldnt be nearly as fun without at least a few of these types of "customers" (not really since you never really end up doing any work for them).

I am lucky, I dont get too many of these types. However the ones I do, I am pretty blunt in letting them know I am not interested in doing business with them = a polite way to say buzz off!

AJC

Default bat house ?

I thought a "bat house" was that thing full of square holes at the end of most baseball dugouts....
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Guys, it seems we're all surrounded by a bunch of freeloading dingbats! ;
    It's a shift in our culture, these younger generations were reared to be consumers not producers. They want something for nothing and when the "new" wears off they throw it away and get someone to provide them a new one! It's really quite a sad state of affairs.